Home made wine

rascal

Forum GOD!
Local time
3:24 AM
a friend has offered me some grapes to make wine, has anyone here made their own wine?? I'm quite tempted to have a go!!
Tips would be great?

Russ

I brewed beer for a very, very long time. While it's not exactly the same, there are so many similarities that I can give you some advice.

Even though you have some grapes, I'd suggest your first dip in the wine making pool should be using a kit. This will give you an idea of how wine is made, even though I'd guess that they provide a powder or syrup in lieu of fresh grapes. The results won't be as amazing as they will be with the fresh stuff, but they should be good enough to point you in the right direction.

Also, definitely look up wine making resources. When I brewed beer, "the Bible" for home brewing was a book called The Joy of Home Brewing. Accordingly, there's a counterpart for wine making:

s-l640.jpg

I don't know anything about wine making, but I do know that there are certain grapes that are better for the task than others. I'm sure the above (or some similar resource) would tell you all about that.

I brewed beer for a very, very long time. While it's not exactly the same, there are so many similarities that I can give you some advice.

Even though you have some grapes, I'd suggest your first dip in the wine making pool should be using a kit. This will give you an idea of how wine is made, even though I'd guess that they provide a powder or syrup in lieu of fresh grapes. The results won't be as amazing as they will be with the fresh stuff, but they should be good enough to point you in the right direction.

Also, definitely look up wine making resources. When I brewed beer, "the Bible" for home brewing was a book called The Joy of Home Brewing. Accordingly, there's a counterpart for wine making:

s-l640.jpg

I don't know anything about wine making, but I do know that there are certain grapes that are better for the task than others. I'm sure the above (or some similar resource) would tell you all about that.

I too have made beer many years ago when times were tough. I've since found a place that sell kits. My friend is away at present. Grapes will have to wait. Thanks for tips.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom