Homemade Corn Tortillas

Amelieanne

Über Member
Local time
9:55 AM
I'm trying to learn how to cook healthier versions of yummy food (fingers crossed), and I came across this recipe on Youtube for corn tortillas. It's from this really cool lady, Hilah Johnson (Hilah Cooking), and she made the whole thing look so easy. She used masa harina (Maseca is the brand, I think), warm water, and salt. That's it. She mixed everything together, kneaded the mixture until it looked like play-do, and divided it into tiny balls which she then flattened using a tortilla press. Finally, she heated the tortillas on a cast-iron skillet. Sounds easy, right? Has anyone else tried to do this? Is it really as easy as Hilah led me to believe? Haha!

Can you post the link so we can check it out. I have never made my own tortillas before but I have always wanted to. I have seen them being made at the local farmers market and it did look rather easy.

I have a mix at home to make Indian fry bread. I got it several years ago in the Museum of the American Indian in DC. I am wondering if it is still good. They may also have a corn tortilla mix. I am guessing that homemade corn tortillas would be super tasty compared to the store brand. Good Luck with it, and let us know how they turn out.

Back
Top Bottom