Recipe Homemade Cream of Mushroom Soup

JAS_OH1

Forum GOD!
Local time
7:21 PM
Cream of mushroom soup is a soothing and satisfying comfort food. This is an easy but delicious recipe. I often use this soup as a base for other recipes, although it's wonderful served with a sandwich or even by itself.

This recipe yields about 3 cups (24 ounces) of soup.

Ingredients:
2 tbsp butter
8 ounces (1/2 lb) of mushrooms, chopped into bite-sized pieces
2 ounces of chopped shallots
1 bulb roasted garlic
2 cups of broth or stock: chicken, vegetable, or seafood (Recipe - Seafood Stock)
depending on tastes and what you are doing with the soup
1 cup heavy cream
1 tbsp AP flour (or cornstarch, as thickener)
1/2 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper

Melt butter into a medium sized saucepan. Sautee the mushrooms on low medium heat until lightly browned, then sweat the shallots in the same pan.

Add 1.5 cups of the broth or stock ( used a homemade seafood stock Recipe - Seafood Stock), reserving the rest to dissolve the flour or cornstarch (make sure the liquid is cool), then add the slurry to the pan. Cook on low heat, stirring regularly, until the soup is beginning to thicken. Squeeze in roasted garlic paste into the soup, mash and stir until any large chunks have mixed in well. Add the heavy cream and seasonings and cook until the soup is the desired consistency.

You may want to use more salt or pepper according to preferences. If desired, garnish with fresh herbs before serving.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
No. I just explained an easy way to remember meaning and spelling. :D At least it wasn't to, too and two!

I'll freely admit to typos all the time, especially when posting from my phone.
Me too. And my soupi, LOL.

I have been trying to figure out why, when I send photos from my phone to my desktop, I can't get them to post on the CB website at the original size (they come out smaller, not thumbnail size but not as large as when directly posted from my phone), so when I post a recipe, I have to first write up the recipe on my desktop, save it, and then go in using my phone to edit my post and add the photos. Writing up the recipe from my phone is a royal PITA. I hate typing on my phone, it takes forever.

[Mod.edit. I copied over this post to Site Support and partly edited it (MG)]

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom