Recipe Homemade Soft Pretzels

Local time
10:05 PM
I follow Alton Brown (from the Food Network) on Twitter. People are always tweeting him and raving about his soft pretzel recipe, so yesterday I decided to see what all the hype is about. Wow, it is a great recipe! The pretzels were delicious: slight crusty on the outside and soft and chewy on the inside. They were actually pretty easy to make too. I will definitely be making the pretzels again! Here's the link to the recipe if you'd like to try them yourself:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/homemade-soft-pretzels-recipe.html

Funny the only time we eat pretzels is the freshly baked ones at the German markets at Christmas , I must give the recipe a go

I adore soft pretzels, and yet I had never thought to make my own! The recipe looks nice and straightforward - and it sounds like they turn out with the perfect consistency!

I have so many recipes I am itching to try and I'll be adding this to the list! Thanks for sharing!

My son has wanted to try making homemade pretzels for a long time. He absolutely loves getting the giant soft pretzels at the mall, but I've always thought it would difficult to make them. I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was, and I had all the ingredients at home already except for the coarse salt to sprinkle on top. This recipe only makes 8 pretzels, but they were each large enough and filling enough that my husband and I actually split one because we couldn't eat the whole thing ourselves. We didn't eat all of them the day I made them, so I stored the leftovers in a ziplock bag. The did draw a little moisture overnight, so did lose the bit of crusty crunch, but the taste was still excellent the next day.

I follow Alton Brown (from the Food Network) on Twitter. People are always tweeting him and raving about his soft pretzel recipe, so yesterday I decided to see what all the hype is about. Wow, it is a great recipe! The pretzels were delicious: slight crusty on the outside and soft and chewy on the inside. They were actually pretty easy to make too. I will definitely be making the pretzels again! Here's the link to the recipe if you'd like to try them yourself:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/homemade-soft-pretzels-recipe.html

Yum, I've been toying with the idea of making these for quite a while, since they're a favorite, so I'll definitely have to check this out.

This reminds me of my favorite soft pretzel - Aunt Mary's which we have here in one big mall. Last year there was a promo. You get a free pretzel when you get a shopping receipt of a certain amount. What I did was shop and shop until I had a handful of coupons that entitled me to free pretzels. That promo was never repeated. Maybe they had pinpointed me, hahahaaa.

Pretzels are one of my favourite breads :laugh: I've tried making pretzels before, with normal bread dough, but I've never known how to get the crusty pretzel finish. Now I guess the boiling water step creates that crust. I want to make these now, but it's nearly 9pm so I'll have to wait until tomorrow! Thanks for sharing, @ReadWriteLearnLove!

I'm still thinking of these. By the way, what, if anything, do y'all put on your soft pretzels? Mine have to have salt and yellow mustard.

I like to have salt on my pretzels, and prefer to dip my bites into melted cheese. Occasionally, I'll use mustard instead. That's what we used when we made the pretzels. We happened to have some really excellent stone ground mustard that we got at a local German restaurant that was excellent on these.

Back
Top Bottom