Honey and lemon good for colds

chocomore

Veteran
Local time
7:45 AM
This secret was given to me by a family member and l swear it works, every morning l down honey and lemon and l have not had a cold yet for the winter, l know winter has just started but l usually get a cold when the seasons change. Anyone tried this concoction yet?

Honey is a good source for a lot of important nutrients, including vitamins. Guessing it's pretty much the same with lemon.

Lemon juice is a good source of Vitamin C.
In our family, we also add whisky to ensure a good night's sleep because sleep is just as important when it comes to fighting off infections/colds.

EDIT: that now being called a hot toddy. Quantities of whisky involved vary depending on who is making the hot toddy and what time of night it is!

That home remedy with whisky sounds best taste than the home remedy for cold at home; a shot of tequila with lemon. Personally I dislike the taste of tequila. :cry:

However I remember also the home remedy made of warm honey with lemon, but mostly from my childhood days to alleviate my coughing resulting from colds

Hello chocomore,

This combination is kind of passed on our family line and I have no clue since when my forefathers (and mothers) have been using this combination. It is quite potent and works incredibly.

In fact, you seem to be using it as a preventive, but I have used it even when I had cold and found that the cold usually subsides faster with honey and lemon treatment. I do not know the science and suspect that even scientists or researchers wouldn't have an answer.

I haven't tried this remedy yet, but I have heard of it. I thought about trying this and since I do get the occasional cold during the winter, I will be truing this out to see if it helps.

Back
Top Bottom