Honey fix

bovril

Veteran
Local time
7:32 PM
Hi, I am a new member wanted to share a tip. Do not throw away any left over honey that has turned to crystal sugared honey. Instead scrape out into a small bowl, place bowl over a pan with a little water in, heat for 2 to 5 mins and honey will become smooth again ready to pour back into the jars ready to use for marinades etc.

bovril ,welcome along to cooking bites,and thanks for the tip on the honey ,we have all sorts of honey at home comb,runny and set and like different tastes
i had a local set honey on a trip to Normandy last year that tasted really strong of a minty menthol,i must admit that went in the cooking division of products

Hi, I am a new member wanted to share a tip. Do not throw away any left over honey that has turned to crystal sugared honey. Instead scrape out into a small bowl, place bowl over a pan with a little water in, heat for 2 to 5 mins and honey will become smooth again ready to pour back into the jars ready to use for marinades etc.

We don't buy honey very often because it turns before we finish it, never thought to heat it :facepalm: what a dodo. Thank you Bovril :okay:

Welcome Bovril :welcome:. You can also put crystallised honey in the microwave for a few seconds to make it go runny. Talking of honey. I only recently discovered that vegans don't eat honey. I suppose it should have been obvious to me as I knew they didn't eat products from animals!

Bovril, I could hug you right now!! I went looking for my honey and saw this 'thing' in the fridge looking all funny. My last set of honey I had to throw out because the sweet ants got into it and I just did not feel to eat any ants. So I am there wondering if I have to do the same with this. I was planning on Googling it but thanks to you I have a solution. I really should try it first before I give so much praise:D. Anyway, I thank you and :welcome:.

Another fact for honey,if you suffer with hay fever try to use a local honey in your food and drink,it does help,to reduce your symptoms to local pollens

Back
Top Bottom