Recipe Honey Turmeric Chicken

ElizabethB

Guru
Local time
2:52 PM
INGREDIENTS
4 deboned, skin on chicken thighs
2 cups cooked rice. NOTE: I was out of Basmati Rice. I used long grain white rice.
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 TBSP honey
1 TBSP Soy Sauce
1 1/2 Tsp ground Turmeric
1 pinch Cayenne
1 cup finely chopped yellow onion
1 TBSP + oil
Chicken Stock as needed
1 Tsp +/- Salt
1/2 Tsp +/- fresh ground pepper

METHOD
Cook the rice according to the package direction - NOTE: to kick up the flavor I cooked the rice in chicken stock and added 1/2 Tsp Turmeric to the liquid.
In a small bowl whisk together the the oil, Turmeric, garlic, soy sauce, honey, Cayenne, salt and pepper.
Carefully remove the bone from the thighs keeping the skin in tack.
In a large bowl coat the chicken with the seasoning mix.
Put the chicken in a hot, cast iron skillet skin side down. Cook until the skin is brown and crispy. Use tongs to brown the sides. Turn over and cook the flesh side. Remove from the pan. Add onions and cook until wilted.
Reduce heat to simmer and return the chicken to the pan. Add chicken stock a couple of TBSP at a time to keep the pan from getting too dry. Simmer a few minutes until chicken is cooked through. Remove the chicken from the pan. If you have less than 1/4 cup pan drippings add chicken stock. Increase heat. Bring to a boil. Sprinkle 1 Tsp. flour, Whisk to combine. Cook to reduce until the gravy will coat the back of a spoon and the flour is cooked. Add the rice. Stir to coat the rice with the pan drippings. Plate the rice topped with the chicken. I made wilted spinach for a side.

Back
Top Bottom