Recipe Honeydew Agua Fresca

cupcakechef

Veteran
Local time
6:23 AM
Japan (expat by way of Australia and USA)
From the trusty Martha Stewart - I think these would be yummy for entertaining guests at summer barbecues!

You'll need:

14 cups honeydew melon or cantaloupe (from a 5-pound melon)
  • 1/3 cup superfine sugar
  • 1/2 cup fresh lime juice (from 4 limes)
  • Ice
  • 2 cups raspberries
Directions
  1. Set a large fine-mesh sieve over a large pitcher or jug. In batches, in a food processor or blender, puree melon until smooth. Pour melon puree through sieve, pressing on solids with a rubber spatula (you should have about 4 cups juice).

2. In a small bowl combine superfine sugar and fresh lime juice; stir until sugar dissolves. Add lime mixture and 4 cups water to melon juice and mix well. Adjust sweetness with more sugar if desired. (Mixture can be refrigerated, up to 2 days.) To serve, add plenty of ice and 2 cups raspberries.
Source:

http://www.marthastewart.com/313942/honeydew-agua-fresca

Honeydew-Raspberry-Agua-Fresca-Dip.jpg

Raspberries might be hard to find around here and terribly expensive if you find them. Besides that I think this is a cool recipe. Did this make it to Challenge? I am so behind time.

Well, you know Martha isn't going to steer you wrong! I have looked at some of her recipes and alot of them do require a number of ingredients though. I used to watch her show all the time, but they stopped carrying it and I moved so it was not something that was possible for me to watch. I thing she may still be doing podcasts or you can watch it on youtube or something though.

Back
Top Bottom