Horses

My Appaloosa mare showhorse was part standardbred on her mother's side. You probably know that Appaloosa registry only requires the markings in the offspring for them to be registered Appaloosa. She could jump a high fence from practically a standstill, like she had coiled springs in her legs. Her action was incredibly high yet smooth. It was painful when I sold her.

My Appaloosa mare showhorse was part standardbred on her mother's side. You probably know that Appaloosa registry only requires the markings in the offspring for them to be registered Appaloosa. She could jump a high fence from practically a standstill, like she had coiled springs in her legs. Her action was incredibly high yet smooth. It was painful when I sold her.

Our horses are freeze branded on their right neck. Ex horses were rehomed as well.

Russ

I want to go on the record as NOT being the one that started this off-topic horse posting. I just contributed one little post. I don't want to see a new thread started under my name... again. :headshake:

CD

I want to go on the record as NOT being the one that started this off-topic horse posting. I just contributed one little post. I don't want to see a new thread started under my name... again. :headshake:

CD
I heard they're changing your screen name to caseyhorse. :whistling:

I rode them, trained them, and showed them,
I bred standard breds the one with the sulky behind them, I
This shoe comes with me everywhere we set up home. It's 60 yrs old from my first Welsh Cobb mare Poly.

My Mum was a very fine hoss woman, she taught me to ride. I usually kept two horses after Poly. The added benefit was two of our Danish neighbors changed their Danish Au pair every year. From the age of twelve to fifteen in the school holidays I gave them riding lessons.

This shoe comes with me everywhere we set up home. It's 60 yrs old from my first Welsh Cobb mare Poly. View attachment 45533

I have my first horse I win a race with, one mounted like a u above my front door. Another mounted on a plaque somewhere here. I have crystal ware from races won as well.

Russ

I have crystal ware from races won as well.
One of my best sales promotion started with me buying a 50% share of a steeple chaser called Spot It too me. For every £ account customers spent over two months they would get a draw ticket. Spot raced mainly at Haydock. We paid for its training and keep. The winner of the Draw got a day out including the owners areas. The hook that made it fly as a promo was I would bet £100 on Spot and the winning (twice) would go to the draw winners Charity of choice. Cynical exploitation of the British love of Charitable donations with local press involvement you may say. I would agree fully.

CD

Agreed - rascal gets the honour.

I was horse mad as a kid but my family had no money for things like riding lessons. As soon as I earned a bit of money (paper round) it went on riding lessons. I've always longed to own a horse. Now I could probably afford to - but I'm not sure I'd be able to ride anymore! I certainly wouldn't be able to get on the horse without a great deal of assistance.

Back
Top Bottom