2 or 3 onion slices
8 large organic celery stalks
1 teaspoon flax seeds
1/2 teaspoon dulse flakes
1 tablespoon chili powder
dash of cayenne pepper
1/4 avocado (optional to thicken)

Method
Using a blender, blend the tomatoes on high until mixed. This will give you enough liquid to mix the rest of the smoothie since I recommend not adding water to it. Add the peppers and zucchini and blend until mixed. Finally, add the remaining ingredients and blend for 30 seconds or until smooth.

Variations
You can add a small clove of garlic to this and it’s quite tasty(Keeps the vampires away!). Of course, you can make this smoothie non-spicy by leaving out the chili powder and cayenne and using your favorite herbs instead. Dill, oregano, parsley and cilantro would be delicious. Add a squeeze of lemon or lime to add a new twist to the smoothie flavor.

http://www.incrediblesmoothies.com/recipes/hot-and-spicy-vegetable-smoothie-recipe/

Last edited:
I love this. Its like a Bloody Mary minus the vodka with some healthy raw vegetables added. (Thinks....:scratchhead:)

Ok... I'll just see if I have some vodka in the cupboard (in the interests of research, you understand). It could be the new thing: healthy cocktails!

(later)... having looked up the recipe I realise the whole recipe is meant for one person. Its a whopping 296 cals (without avocado). I was thinking it was quite a skinny drink! I'm quite surprised as none of the ingredients are calorific in themselves. It just goes to show how deceptive smoothies can be.

Well...I'm going to make it anyway as a test recipe, because I still like the sound of it. I'll make a third of this quantity and report back.

Last edited:
I too was surprised at the calorie content - but I have to say I don't know that I would be able to muster the courage to try this one! I love smoothies but I prefer for them to be sweet tasting, not hot and spicy! But I am looking forward to Morning Glory's review!

Back
Top Bottom