Hotel Chocolat Vegan Easter Eggs

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Staff member
Local time
3:42 AM
Website
www.satnavsaysstraighton.com
Hotel Chocolat have launched 2 Easter eggs that are "milk chocolate" rather than the standard 70% or higher dark chocolate options usually available and both are vegan.

A Milk-Free Milk Scrambled Egg at £15
www.hotelchocolat.com/uk/shop/easter-eggs/dairy-free-easter-egg

300425_Easter 2015_Scrambled Egg_Milkless Milk-1.jpg 300425_Easter 2015_Scrambled Egg_Milkless Milk_v2.jpg

And a smaller version Milk-Free Milk Goose Egg at £10.
www.hotelchocolat.com/uk/shop/easter-eggs/dairy-free-eggs

300418_Easter 2015_Milkless Milk Happy Egg.jpg 300418_Easter 2015_Milkless Milk Happy Egg-1.jpg

Both have been made as "milk chocolate"using almond powder instead of milk powder.

Our milk-free chocolate is as mellow and creamy as our best milk chocolate, made with 56% cocoa and almond powder instead of milk powder and zero compromise on flavour!

I may be persuaded to taste test them! :laugh: :hungry:

Yep but this is a milk chocolate eater egg... That's a first. I have so missed milk chocolate and decent milk chocolate at that. I've sent my husband an email with a link!

Thorntons are not as good as they used to be so we tried Hotel Chocolate for a change, a lot more choice and better taste.

That chocolate sure does look good. I would not know what to do with myself if I could not have milk chocolate...I guess eat this kind of almond powder chocolate. It really does look delicious, and elegant at that. I would like to give it a try just to see what it tastes like and see how it compares to regular milk chocolate. Is this company a UK brand? I have never heard of it before.

Is this company a UK brand? I have never heard of it before.
yep they are a UK brand. They are only available via their shops and online so you may not be able to get hold of it sadly.

Thorntons are not as good as they used to be so we tried Hotel Chocolate for a change, a lot more choice and better taste.
yep they have gone downhill but it is a very long time since I was last able to eat Thortons anyhow. Did they ever do a vegan easter egg? not sure they did tbh, if they did it would have been a dark chocolate one at best... and there is only so much dark chocolate I can stand, which is why I am interested in this because it is a milk chocolate option and if it is successful, then they may well extend it into their vegan/dairy free range... a case of watch this space.

We bought some for the family for Christmas, some are suitable for coeliacs so they were ideal for our niece.

Thorntons do a nougat and chocolate nest omg..... :hungry: :hyper:

Hotel chocolate is very good,to good for a lot of palates,but good on them for doing a vegan egg,I was unaware till a couple of years ago even some wines are not vegan friendly ,I get asked for vegan wines a lot now

Yep but this is a milk chocolate eater egg... That's a first. I have so missed milk chocolate and decent milk chocolate at that. I've sent my husband an email with a link!
http://www.moofreechocolates.com/dairy-free-chocolate/products
"At Moo Free we are constantly developing new and exciting rice milk chocolates. On this page you will find a list of our current dairy free chocolates. If you can't wait to get your paws on our scrummy, dairy free chocolates, then why not bound over to our stockists page now?

If you have a great idea for a dairy free chocolate product that you think is missing from the Moo Free range then why not contact us and let Hammy know?"

http://www.moofreechocolates.com/dairy-free-chocolate/products
"At Moo Free we are constantly developing new and exciting rice milk chocolates. On this page you will find a list of our current dairy free chocolates. If you can't wait to get your paws on our scrummy, dairy free chocolates, then why not bound over to our stockists page now?

If you have a great idea for a dairy free chocolate product that you think is missing from the Moo Free range then why not contact us and let Hammy know?"
Yeh... Moo free chocolate is akin to eating plastic! Rather like comparing Harrods with Asda... And it tastes of plastic, ah I already said that... They go for quantity not taste or quality sadly! But thank you. My oh can always spend 79p checking out this ideas with one of their better bars at the weekend!

Last edited:
Yeh... Moo free chocolate is akin to eating plastic! Rather like comparing Harrods with Asda... And it tastes of plastic, ah I already said that... They go for quantity not taste or quality sadly! But thank you. My oh can always spend 79p checking out this ideas with one of their better bars at the weekend!
Where?
I looked to see before posting and saw no mention of them.

Oh wow, I have actually also never heard of those and they look so good... I am definitely tempted to try them!
I must say these days it seems like a lot of companies and brands are catering for vegans a lot more and that is excellent. I will await the time where that brand makes it's way over here or just search for it online.

Thanks for the share!

So sad that I probably would not be able to get any here in the US. Even if I could purchase it online, I think the shipping would be way too much money. I really enjoy fancy and exotic chocolate so I am really bummed out about this one. I am kind of a chocolate and coffee snob, in a good sort of way though :spaghetti:

Back
Top Bottom