Housework and cleaning

I used to. I still have the pole but I started to try and eliminate as many plastics from my life as possible a few years ago and wipes now make feel guilty! 🙄
You can cut old rags to fit the end and spray cleaning solution on the floor and secure them to the mop end? Then you can wash them when they get dirty. I have two of those and one of them is for the dusting cloths, so the rags actually tuck into the ends if I cut them right. The other one is more difficult to work with as the strips on the mop end are Velcro. Someone should invent an environmentally friendly alternative to using the wipes if they are not biodegradable.

Does anyone use Flash speed mop? Its now the only mop I use... so easy. Basically its disposable wet cloths that fit onto a flat mop head.

https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=l&ai...5-D0ZqHAxWvWkEAHT0PBJUQ9aACKAB6BAgBED0&adurl=
This is what happens to anything with foam in it in Australia...

When it dries out, it pulls away from the thing that holds it in place and it usually breaks. So I've given up with them, except for spillages.

1720565237857613649301988644595.jpg

Those green plastic screws usually break off.

But I have one rude(ish) question and that is what are the eviction laws in Australia?
In Spain they are ‘be grateful you’re getting paid’ and shut up!
In the UK landlord inspections are now fairly toothless.
So what can they actually do if you didn’t scrub the downstairs bog to their satisfaction?
Or worse still (I remember this from your last inspection) the grass wasn’t happy because there was a drought?!!!
I managed to cut a few corners. It was raining outside and the lawn is long and fields are very wet... so the garden was photographed from a distance.

The oven didn't get check because I was something in it but it wasn't on, just programmed to come on

The end result is a thumbs up for this 6 months.

I gave up on house cleaning a couple of years back.
My poor back can't take it anymore and when three of my Neighborhood Gal Pals recommended their cleaning ladies, I jumped on that band wagon, quick!
It has been a true blessing for me, given my recent health issues.
I will occasionally run the iRobot Roomba, do a wet mop in the kitchen with a washable microfiber cloth on an old wooden broom when I've made a good mess while cooking and swipe out the toilets in between our once a month visit from The Ladies.

You can cut old rags to fit the end and spray cleaning solution on the floor and secure them to the mop end? Then you can wash them when they get dirty. I have two of those and one of them is for the dusting cloths, so the rags actually tuck into the ends if I cut them right. The other one is more difficult to work with as the strips on the mop end are Velcro. Someone should invent an environmentally friendly alternative to using the wipes if they are not biodegradable.
I like that idea 👍

Mostly I use a steam mop.
But I am on my third one so thats not exactly environmentally friendly is it 😆

I like that idea 👍

Mostly I use a steam mop.
But I am on my third one so thats not exactly environmentally friendly is it 😆
Well the fact that you are using steam instead of cleaning chemicals (which come in plastic bottles) that's somewhat environmentally friendly. I think they do have some cleaning products (in the US anyway) that are non-toxic and come in some sort of cardboard container that somehow doesn't get soggy and fall apart but will eventually degrade in the landfill. 🤷‍♂️

I gave up on house cleaning a couple of years back.
My poor back can't take it anymore and when three of my Neighborhood Gal Pals recommended their cleaning ladies, I jumped on that band wagon, quick!
It has been a true blessing for me, given my recent health issues.
I will occasionally run the iRobot Roomba, do a wet mop in the kitchen with a washable microfiber cloth on an old wooden broom when I've made a good mess while cooking and swipe out the toilets in between our once a month visit from The Ladies.
Robot vacuums are seriously the best thing ever. They save you so much time and effort. The people who invented those are absolute geniuses!

Robot vacuums are seriously the best thing ever. They save you so much time and effort. The people who invented those are absolute geniuses!
Made for people who don't own golden retrievers, LOL. My youngest daughter had an iRobot and it would be full within 10 minutes!

Back
Top Bottom