How adventurous are you?

Windigo

Kitchen witch
Local time
11:56 PM
Website
www.instagram.com
[Mod.edit: this post and sevelal following posts moved to form new topic (TR)]

24 points here so far. Still got some to try.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m at 17, and I’m fine holding there (and trimming a few off!).
Most of the ones I haven't tried are unaivalable here, so most likely I will never eat them because travelling to anything further than Germany, France or Belgium in the future seems very unlikely with my health issues. Some offal I would still try, I haven't yet had any offal (except tripe) that I did not like.

What I have not had before is:
Brains
Haggis
Squirrel (at least not that I know of-BIL lives in the back woods of WV, could have been on the table at one point)
Blood Sausage (never seen it available)
Durian
Eels
Rattlesnake (having lived in AZ for 15 years now, I could have and not know it)
Crickets - but actually, I did have a Lollipop with a Cricket in it way back now that I really think about that one - so ... change mine to 31 :)

What I have not had before is:
Brains
Haggis
Squirrel (at least not that I know of-BIL lives in the back woods of WV, could have been on the table at one point)
Blood Sausage (never seen it available)
Durian
Eels
Rattlesnake (having lived in AZ for 15 years now, I could have and not know it)
Crickets - but actually, I did have a Lollipop with a Cricket in it way back now that I really think about that one - so ... change mine to 31 :)
I can recommend haggis, blood sausage and durian from that list, I really like them all.

The others are either unavailable here or I had no chance to try yet.

24 for me. No pig's ears, but have had pigs feet AKA trotters.

There are quite a few things on there that I don't consider "adventurous." There are several things on there though that I will never knowingly put in my mouth, like rattlesnake, brains, tripe and frog legs. I tried gator once and that was 1 too many times for me. I'd try durian, but I've only seen it for sale in a whole piece and I don't want to spend money on something that will probably end up in the trash from the descriptions I've heard. If I came across it already cut up in small pieces, I'd go for it though.

Back
Top Bottom