How Can I Spice up My Kimchi Diet?

ImariFutari

Veteran
Local time
11:47 PM
I firstly want to start off by prefacing the benefits of kimchi - for the sakes of those that don't know. If you already have a "knowledge" on kimchi, feel free to skip this list!
  1. Contains healthy bacteria and probiotics for the overall wellness of your body
  2. Lowers cholesterol levels
  3. Facilitates healthy body development and clear vision
  4. Produces radiant skin and shiny hair
  5. Prevents stomach cancer
  6. Slows down the aging process
  7. Prevents the occurrence of peptic ulcer
  8. Boosts your immunity
Now, for breakfast, I'll eat kimchi with a side of sunny side up egg, white rice, and half of a grapefruit. For lunch, I'll enjoy kimchi (again) with bulgogi, a broccoli and spinach mix, and walnuts. And for dinner, I'll have kimchi (yet again) with a fruit mix, a cut of fish (normally tuna or salmon - tends to be very small) and a healthy dairy drink. My diet is subject to change, but this's how it is for now.

Honestly, the dish gets boring after you eat it for months in a row - and though I started out loving it, I'm beginning to feel pure contempt for it.

What can I do to kimchi to make it a little more savory without adding too many calories?? Let me know down below.

Mod Edit: image removed, not relevant.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe you shouldn't be eating kimchi that many times during the day? I understand if you want to get the health benefits in and stuff like that but also realize unless you're making the kimchi yourself, it can be very salty. Plus the hot spices in kimchi, when taken in large quantities, can't be good for your stomach lining (too spicy for your digestive system).

I would start by cutting down to maybe one or two meals a day, which as a result of eating less won't make you hate kimchi as much. If you're concerned about not getting enough probiotics, look into other alternatives such as yogurt, probiotic shots, probiotic supplements, etc.

I agree with Tangela. Kimchi is very spicy and probably should not be eaten multiple times per day. You are going to do some damage to your stomach and intestines because that is a lot of spice to have to digest. I am not sure what all of the negative side effects would be, but you may want to do some research. I know that I can't eat kimchi multiple times a day like that, it is more of a once a month treat for me.

Kimchi does have a lot of health benefits and it's absolutely delicious. I also thought of kimchi being harmful if ever it is eaten frequently but how would we explain Koreans then? They eat Kimchi with each meal they have and I don't think they get sick because of that. But I guess it also depends on the person's body. Try to see if it's gonna do you good first before you continue with it!

As for spicing up your kimchi diet, have you ever had kimchi fried rice? It's really easy to make and it doesn't contain a lot of calories (just limit your rice consumption). What I do is I put olive oil then throw in some onions and garlic on a pan then add the kimchi (just enough for you or for a cup of rice) and stir that for a while. Then you can add your rice in and stir everything together. You can add sesame oil in the end for more flavor. Transfer your fried rice on a bowl and top it off with some cheese, pop it in the microwave and let it melt. If you weren't on a diet, I'd suggest you add some pieces of ham or bacon in there. It's a really simple but delicious dish that'll surely spice up your kimchi diet!

Back
Top Bottom