How do I get the greasy feeling off my steak knives?

Alunny

Veteran
Local time
12:20 AM
Website
www.jades-world.com
I've tried boiling water, vinegar....scrubbing. They always feel like they have a film of grease on them even though it can't be seen. Sometimes regular washing feels like it makes a difference but generally speaking it doesn't.

I really don't want to do anything labour intensive. I'd rather dip/soak and then just wash like normal :)

Regular dishwashing liquid won't do it for you? First time that I heard of this! :eek:

No it doesn't! And I use pretty damn close to boiling water to do my dishes.

I'm also a messy eater who goes from knives and forks to hands and back again (specially with bones) :unsure::speechless:

That could be the problem right there. I very perplexed about this. I've NEVER had that problem before. :eek:

All I can say is Dawn original
Dish liquid. The best ever! Never no complaints on my end.

I've never heard of this either. I think it would be best to try new soap on your regular knives or your current soap on new knives to know where the problem is coming from. I think I've had the same problem for some of my pots and pans, but nothing too severe as my soap works fairly well.

You need to boil your knives in the hottest boiling water possible. If that doesn't work then it might just be you.

Try using baking soda if your regular dish washing paste fails at doing a good grease-stripping job. With one swipe, you'll find the greasy part starting to disintegrate. Just use the regular dish washing paste instead of liquid.

What kind of dish washing soap are you using? I use Palm Olive and it works a lot better than the 7th Generation I was using before. My roomie had us switch because she was convinced that things were never all the way clean with the 7th Gen no matter how much she used.

You could always try the concentrated detergent and just don't dilute it as much - honestly Dawn pretty much strips grease off of everything. I mean, they use it to clean up the animals after oil spills, I can't imagine it not working to take some grease off of your knives. The other thing I was going to suggest would be the cleaning strength vinegar, it's in a stronger dilution not meant for human consumption. I use it all the time to clean the tea stains off of my iced tea maker and it works like a charm, and takes off residue that even my detergent won't get off.

I use Earth dish soap because it's better for the earth than the others. Never heard of cleaning strength vinegar, that sounds exciting! I will have to look into that, there's a cleaning supply shop near me too so shouldn't be too hard to find :D.

Back
Top Bottom