How do you clean your crock pot?

smlewis00

Veteran
Local time
2:58 PM
I recently got a brand new crock pot (slow cooker) for Christmas. I have used it twice and already it looks yellow and orange on the inside. (Once you lift the pot up, underneath and along the edges where the pot sit inside are discolored.) What causes this and how do I clean it? I have tried scrubbing it with hot water and soap, but it hasn't helped.
Thanks for any suggestions or tips!

Usually I used vinegar, rock salt and water whenever my pots inside got discolored and even my plates, saucers, bowls and cups I do also used this mixture if they got discolored and let it be there even for days until the discoloration disappear and then after that soap and rinse it with water.

Usually I used vinegar, rock salt and water whenever my pots inside got discolored and even my plates, saucers, bowls and cups I do also used this mixture if they got discolored and let it be there even for days until the discoloration disappear and then after that soap and rinse it with water.
Thank you for your advice! I will certainly have to try vinegar and rock salt! I definitely need to use something more powerful than soap and water because it isn't working to take the stains out. Thanks again for your input!

Have you ever seen "crock pot liners" ??

Once I discovered them, I've not gone without them. They are virtually no clean up necessary. Totally worth it even if you pay full price for them, which is about $3 for a box of 4.

The discoloration inside the warming unit to me isn't a big deal. I just leave it. You can't see it anyway. As long as it isn't food cooked on there, I don't clean that part, and actually, if you use the liners, you'll never have a problem with getting liquid in between the two parts of the crock pot.

Wait, are you talking about the metal warming unit itself, and not the actual ceramic pot? The metal case & heating unit are going to discolor over time, but I wouldn't really worry about that since the pot itself covers that up. Nobody would ever really see that anyhow. I've had the same issue happen with my pressure cooker. If it is the actual pot itself getting stained, that sounds rather odd since they are generally coated ceramic which shouldn't stain. What brand/model slow cooker is it?

Back
Top Bottom