How do you cook your rice?

Last edited:
The fried rice sounds really good Corzhens. I like the sound of the Chinese version. My husband does the fried rice in our house. It varies depending on what meat and veggies we have on hand at the time. It is always good though. We always make sure we make extra rice so that we can have it for fried rice the next day.
Same here, when we cook fried rice particularly the Chinese version, we see to it that we cook extra so we can have something for the next day. And for the ingredients, we also try to make use of leftover vegetables in the fridge. One time there was an excess of tofu. What my husband did was to slice the tofu into thin slice and had it deep fried then cut into little squares. He mixed that fried tofu in the fried rice together with some celery and carrots. It had a different taste but very delicious.

I like this method Bakemehappy. Allowing it to soak in water mean that some of the cooking is taking place before you add it to the pan not so? It sounds tasty.

Yes letting it soak is helps in the cooking process. The rice grains are kind of swelling I wish I could say sprouting when you soak them. I think that is how they cook rice risotto style although I have not tried risotto yet.

Back
Top Bottom