How do you fry your eggs?

SandwichShortOfAPicnic

Über Member
Local time
11:34 AM
I ask because this morning my lovely husband made us breakfast.
He likes to flip his egg and briefly cook the top where as I like mine half runny and half semi set with a non greasy (I’ll put them on kitchen towel briefly to achieve this) and completely white bottom.

This morning because he’s not used to the hob here he produced (and I know I’m going to sound oh so ungrateful now) a type of fried egg that I can’t abide, to the extent I can’t eat the white, I find the flavour metallic.

But I know some people like it so how do you have yours?

337F012F-E3CF-435E-A18C-73E5EB74C776.jpeg

Crispy bottomed eggs 🤢

Thais are renowned for their "crispy bottom eggs" particularly as an accompaniment to "padt krapow". I don't like them to the extent that I order the dish without the fried egg as carry oot and fry my own egg at home.

Fried eggs at home are cooked in a Teflon coated 150 mm diameter "wok".

That’s more like it!

I’ll eat an egg just about any way you’ll cook it, from sunny side up to over hard with the yolk busted and cooked. It’s all good.

Because of that, my preference changes depending on the day. MrsT, however, likes a runny yolk, but does want the egg flipped for a few seconds to cook the top (over easy).

Corrected that for you! Saving bacon fat/grease is virtually unknown in UK/Europe.

You can actually buy jars of bacon grease that has been filtered. It tastes the same, but it is cleaner.

Bacone grease or butter are also my fats of choice for eggs. I like scrambled eggs best, but if I eat a fried egg, I like over easy. No burnt edges please, but also no "snotty" whites.

Screen Shot 2023-03-29 at 7.04.19 PM.jpg

not my photo

CD

You can actually buy jars of bacon grease that has been filtered. It tastes the same, but it is cleaner.

Bacone grease or butter are also my fats of choice for eggs. I like scrambled eggs best, but if I eat a fried egg, I like over easy. No burnt edges please, but also no "snotty" whites.

View attachment 98014
not my photo

CD
You know how I know that’s not your photo? Is it that the composition doesn’t follow your style? Is it that your photos have a sharper look to them?

Nope it’s because
you wouldn’t eat a fried egg with a spoon!
:okay:

Back
Top Bottom