How Do You Spend Public Holidays?

Local time
8:08 AM
For most people, public holidays are looked forward to because these are times when one can relax and unwind. There are many ways that one can find to relax. Some go to the beach while others pack their picnic baskets and head off to the country for a day of fun and frolick. Yet others may go hiking or take long walks. Others who may prefer not to do any of the above activities, would opt for staying at home and relaxing with a book, watch television, or even do something around the house that they did not find the time to do otherwise.

So how do you like to spend your public holidays? I may do any of the above-mentioned. But I mainly enjoy going for walks or taking drives around the countryside.

Not sure what you mean by public holidays.
If you mean days when nearly everyone is off work, we typically stay home and hide from everyone.
Neither of us like crowds.
Or if vacation falls right, we use it as a travel day to get to where most people are leaving like a state park.

Not sure what you mean by public holidays.

A public holiday, also what we call a 'bank holiday' in my country, is a day on which most of the work places and stores are closed. It is usually a day commemorating something, like Independence Day, New Year's Day, Christmas Bank Holiday also known as Boxing Day, Thanksgiving (in the States), and other such holidays. In my country, we have quite a lot of these public holidays during the year. We also have National Heroes Day, Emancipation Day, and Easter Bank Holiday. So those people who work usually look forward to these holidays as a time to relax and enjoy some of the outdoors.

A public holiday, also what we call a 'bank holiday' in my country, is a day on which most of the work places and stores are closed. It is usually a day commemorating something, like Independence Day, New Year's Day, Christmas Bank Holiday also known as Boxing Day, Thanksgiving (in the States), and other such holidays. In my country, we have quite a lot of these public holidays during the year. We also have National Heroes Day, Emancipation Day, and Easter Bank Holiday. So those people who work usually look forward to these holidays as a time to relax and enjoy some of the outdoors.
We generally call them Federal holidays. The others most people get off for are Memorial Day (Last Monday in May), Independence Day (July 4th), Labor Day (First Monday in September).
Other not so celebrated Federal days are Martin Luther King Day, (Closest Monday to his birthday which is January 16 according to his wife) Presidents Day (February), Veterans Day (November), Columbus Day(October). There may be others. And except for Christmas, Thanksgiving, New Years, and July 4, all are Monday holidays.

Back
Top Bottom