How do you stay at a healthy weight and also pursue a passion of cooking?

A passion for cooking is different from a passion for eating--otherwise we cooks wouldn't complete a recipe, because we'd probably have eaten the ingredients before the actual meal was done being made. Taste-tests should be fine, though. I agree with portion control, the work put into cooking can burn off almost enough calories to balance out, and there's the added advantage of modifying the recipe so that it's healthier!

I prefer home cooked meals that are prepared using fresh ingredients. I seldom cook processed meals. I also eat moderately and include more fruits and vegetables on different dishes.

I personally just exercise as much as I can so I don't end up feeling too guilty whenever I indulge. I find I enjoy food best whenever my conscience isn't bothering me and making me feel guilty. I'm a lot lazier during the holidays, though, and I purposefully allow myself a bit of allowance during those times.

Everything in moderation and regular exercise. Plus, home cooking need not be calorie, fat laden dishes. You can prepare a healthier roast dinner, for example, by using a white meat as opposed to a red meat, and not using butter in mashed potatoes. Making small changes to a recipe can make all the difference to the calorie count, but not the taste.

Back
Top Bottom