How many calories do you usually eat per day?

ariana

Veteran
Local time
7:12 PM
I usually eat around 1500 calories, which is around maintenance for my height and weight. Do you count calories? If so, how many calories do you consume each day? If not, can you make a rough estimate? Do you try to limit what you eat, or just eat until you are full?

me - I eat to what my body needs and aim to hold my weight constant when measured over the course of a wek. Some days it can be as little as 1,500 calories other days well over 3,500 calories. I don't log them, just eat enough so as not to wake during the night hungry, but not too much so as I can't sleep.

I will add I cycle rather a lot (for transport) so have to keep my calorie intake high when I am out.

me - I eat to what my body needs and aim to hold my weight constant when measured over the course of a wek. Some days it can be as little as 1,500 calories other days well over 3,500 calories. I don't log them, just eat enough so as not to wake during the night hungry, but not too much so as I can't sleep.

I will add I cycle rather a lot (for transport) so have to keep my calorie intake high when I am out.

Are you sure that some days you eat over 3,500 calories? That's around 4-5 meals a day...or more. That is actually a lot of food. Do you think you actually eat that much, or that it is an inaccurate number since you don't count calories?

Although, I suppose that is a normal amount if you are working out (such as cycling to work).

Nope I eat that much... I have 44 mile commute which I do 2-3 times a week plus my normal cycling for transport and then a leisure ride at the weekend. I'm a UK size 8 and often drop down to a size 6 (not sure what that equates to in US sizes).

When I am out cycle touring, we can both get through as many as 10,000 calories a day and that is eating hourly on high calorie foods such as nuts and fruit with loads of bread involved (we can easily consume an entire loaf between us and go through a large jar of peanut butter each day and still lose weight as we did on our big tour)

So far this year I have cycled nearly 9,000km which is roughly 5,750 miles or so... By the end of the year it will be much closer to 11-12,000km.

I do not really count calories at all. When I am hungry I would eat as much as would satisfy me. When i am full, I know that I have had enough. Counting calories sounds kind of tedious to me. Foods that contain more fat would generally have more calories than others. I would think meat would have more calories than fish. Things like rice and potatoes would also carry a lot of calories since they are starchy foods. I do not know how many calories I eat in a day, but I do tend to burn them quickly even though I do not consider myself that active a person.

I try not to exceed 800 calories a day, though I'm not exactly sure if that amount's sufficient enough or falls in line with the allowable calorie threshold per day. They say the average person needs not more than 2000 everyday. Other sources say it all depends on your height and weight computation. Different bodies have different calorie needs. I prefer to stick to 800 or not more than 2000.

I don't necessarily count calories but most days I try not to exceed 1800 and rarely do with the exception of the weekends and I never count calories on Fridays or Saturdays!! Everything in moderation is key :)

I usually eat around 1500 calories, which is around maintenance for my height and weight. Do you count calories? If so, how many calories do you consume each day? If not, can you make a rough estimate? Do you try to limit what you eat, or just eat until you are full?
I don't count calories much. I just eat plenty of fruits and veggies. I know my weight will not increase much on a raw plant diet. I'm not fully raw but I only eat plant base foods.

I don't count calories. Never have, never will. I really don't see the point since I have no problems with keeping my body in good shape.
I'd say that I'm usually somewhere between 2000 and 3500 calories per day but that is just guessing.

Also I pay attention to what I eat, but not to how much I eat. Common sense and an active lifestyle is what keeps me healthy.

I don't count calories either, the few times I tried I ended up finding things to eat to make up my allowance which was silly in the end! I'm sensible, so it varies day to day, but usually up to 2000, if I go out for a meal it will be more and I compensate for it the next few days. The problem with calories it is only a guideline, and you can have a high calorie meal that may not as be healthy as a low calorie one. So it renders them defunct if you are being healthy, but can help control your portion size if you want to lose weight.

I don't count my calories, but I know I eat well over the recommended 2000 calories that they suggest. I have slowly been gaining weight, and only minimally exercising. If I figured 2000 to maintain my weight, with 200 calories more for the exercise, I am burning 2200. But as I am gaining about a pound every two weeks that means I am eating 250 calories more a day than I am burning. 2200 * 14 = 30800 calories in 14 days. I am gaining 3,500 (1 pound of fat) every 14 days. That is 3,500 / 14 = 250. So my answer would be 2200 + 250 = 2450 calories a day.

I don't count my calories or macros, for that matter, but my current goal is ~2500 calories every day. I am trying to gain muscle mass so I should eat about 500 calories over my TDEE. Some do less, but some days I feel I am just not eating enough and I have to keep up. However, I recommend everyone trying to either lose or gain weight to track his calories because those who are used to eating less, like me, overestimate what they eat, and those who have always eaten more than they should've, tend to underestimate their caloric intake.

Back
Top Bottom