How many cookbooks do you have?

GadgetGuy

(Formerly Shermie)
Local time
3:28 AM
I have about 100 or more.

I rely on them when I want to make something that I haven't made in a while, or to find something new that I'd like to try! :hungry:

Right now I own about 5 cook books, two of them are vegetarian cook books, while the others are just regular cook books. I very seldom refer to these cook books, though. If I have not cooked or baked something in a long time, and I am thinking of doing it again, then I would refer to one of my cook books for help. If I am thinking of trying a new recipe, this is where a cook book would come in handy also.

When looking through recipes in my cook books, I usually find that each cook book has a different way of doing the same dish. I would then have to decide which one is easiest to follow, because some recipes tend to be a little more complicated than others. There are also times when I would follow the recipe for the most part, but also add my own touch to it.

Not many at all. Books attract dust faster then anything so having them sit around is not an option. I do have several online cookbooks saved that I turn to, alot.

I have 10 cookbooks right now and would like to invest in some more at some point when I have extra cash laying around. I do get a lot of recipes online though and I save these to a binder. I am going to need to get a new binder soon because my current one is getting full fast!

I am guessing I have about 10 or less. I know none of them are recent. I spend all my time checking things online these days. I checked one some time back and the leaves were falling out. Not cool right?

I probably have about 50 books dotted around in storage and in my parents attic. I had my first cook book when I was eight years old called, 'Floury fingers, buttery nose, that's the way the cooking goes,' and had one a year usually at Christmas as I grew up. I now have vegetarian ones and some classics like Delia Smith and some Good Housekeeping ones.

I probably have about 50 books dotted around in storage and in my parents attic. I had my first cook book when I was eight years old called, 'Floury fingers, buttery nose, that's the way the cooking goes,' and had one a year usually at Christmas as I grew up. I now have vegetarian ones and some classics like Delia Smith and some Good Housekeeping ones.

That's a lot of cookbooks Ella. You can teach with that library:). I think I am going to put together my own from the online sites I visit. A few weeks ago I was trying something I found online and had my laptop on the kitchen counter as I worked. It was a little awkward so print still has it advantages.

I probably have only about 10. I tend not to use cookbooks all that often so I do not feel the need to clutter up the house with them. On the rare occasion that I need or use a recipe, I tend to look them up online.

I have a shelf full. Most I've owned for many years. These days recipes are at your finger tips in second, so I hardly use them anymore unless I'm struggling to recall an old recipe.

Back
Top Bottom