How many of us have a fire extinguisher and/or fire blanket in our kitchens?

Do you have a fire extinguisher and/or a fire blanket in your kitchen?

• Fire extinguisher and fire blanket

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fire blanket only

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I have a fire extinguisher in the kitchen. I remember once a long time ago, I was making chips in a very large saucepan. I managed to make it catch fire. I had to pick the saucepan up and throw it through the window into the garden as I didn't have an extinguisher or a fire blanket. Very scary.

I have a fire extinguisher in the kitchen. I remember once a long time ago, I was making chips in a very large saucepan. I managed to make it catch fire. I had to pick the saucepan up and throw it through the window into the garden as I didn't have an extinguisher or a fire blanket. Very scary.
Never move a chip pan thats alight!

Nor should you use a fire extinguisher.

I've CO2, powder and foam, in case they're ever needed.

un less its a full sized serviced extinguisher i would not want to tackle any thing larger than a bin size fire,and a stove friture has got to be used with respect,
and if it went up god its hot,and takes real nerve to cover it,whether a damp oven clothe covered by another and so on.or a designated fire blanket

From my point of view I have had hand on training with fire extinguishers. That is one great thing about working for the armed forces! They never did anything by halves!

It is quite surprising when done correctly how little of a fire extinguisher was needed to put out an oil fire in my case and it was well ablaze at the time!

Last edited:
Never move a chip pan thats alight!

Nor should you use a fire extinguisher.

I've CO2, powder and foam, in case they're ever needed.

I just panicked and threw it through the window. Not the most Intelligent thing to do I admit.

I just panicked and threw it through the window. Not the most Intelligent thing to do I admit.
"If it's stupid and it works, it's not stupid."

And no I currently don't have either one in my kitchen, though I guess it would be a pretty idea to get one or both.

I do have a fire extinguisher, but since my family is pretty careful, we've never had an accident yet. Hopefully it stays that way for good.

I have a fire extinguisher under my kitchen sink which is two steps away from the stove. It is one specific for kitchens. I also have another one in my laundry room which is about 5-7 steps away from the oven in the opposite direction of the sink, so I feel like I am covered from both sides!

Yes, we have a fire extinguisher in our home. We have had it for years. It is a few feet away from the refrigerator in a corner of the kitchen.

I do not have a fire extinguisher in the kitchen, but there is one in the garage and that is only a short distance away. I probably should have a small fire extinguisher in the kitchen because I might not think to go out to the garage and get it in the panic of things. I do know that you are supposed to use the PASS method when using one and that you are supposed to aim at the base of the fire.

Given the choice of Blanket or Extinguisher, one only. I'd go for the Blanket.
No training required and you can't pick the wrong one, or use incorrectly. Not without really trying anyway.

What killed the cat question here.
How many know what types not to use?

Back
Top Bottom