How Much Fruit Do You Eat daily?

kamarsun1

Veteran
Local time
5:30 PM
I love fruit, and I make sure I eat some type of fruit daily. I like fruit that is sweet, and I like the non-sweet fruit like Tomatoes and Avocados. I believe that our diet should have lot's of fruit and veggie. Do you agree with that Statement?

I do agree that our diet should consist of lots of fruit and vegetables. However, I do not eat fruit on a daily basis. In fact, I do not eat fruit as regularly as I should. I do eat vegetables every day, however. When I do eat fruit, I tend to eat mostly oranges, bananas and tomatoes. I do drink a lot of fruit juices, however, although I do believe that fresh fruit has more health benefits than the fruit juices which would contain added sugar.

I, too, don't always ready fruit everyday, at least not fresh fruit. I always have dates in my diet but not necessarily fresh fruit and my husband has been told by his dentist to cut down on the amount of fresh fruit he was eating each day because he is consuming too much sugar! He only eats 2 or 3 pieces of fresh fruit a day now.

I really struggle to eat fruit, not sure why because it tastes good when I am eating it, but even when I'm hungry I look at a fruit and it just holds no appeal for me, like my body doesn't really want it or something. I try to make a small apple part of my routine so that I actually get some fruit down every day besides a few raisins in my cereal. Veggies I can eat by the pile but for some reason I could accidentally forget to eat fruit for days on end and not miss it at all.

I'm a bad vegetarian and don't eat any fruit, but I do drink apple juice, blackcurrant juice and pomegranate juice. I don't like pips and skins, at a push I will eat a banana or a slice of apple. I think fruit is good as a source of vitamins and fiber, but you can get it from juices too. Don't forget too many fruit acids also create acid erosion in the teeth so balance is always the answer.

I, too, don't always ready fruit everyday, at least not fresh fruit. I always have dates in my diet but not necessarily fresh fruit and my husband has been told by his dentist to cut down on the amount of fresh fruit he was eating each day because he is consuming too much sugar! He only eats 2 or 3 pieces of fresh fruit a day now.

This notion that fresh fruits are so good for you seems to be a little flawed. In harmony with what your doctor has been telling your husband it seems that some fruits are high in sugar and should be avoided or consumed in very small quantities.

Before, I used to think I must have some fresh fruit everyday. These days I don't stress myself anymore. I still look up what might be considered the healthier fruits and try to eat some from time to time.

I eat fresh vegetables every day and some fruit, not always fresh. It depends on the season. I buy mostly dried fruit and berries, but l do eat a lot of fresh fruit and berries when they are in season. Blackberries and apples I can get for free.

Some days I don't have any... other days I might have 5 or more. It really depends on what I feel like.
But I find fruit to be a great snack. You know that small hunger you might get like 2 hours before a big meal? Instead of getting a sandwich or something small from the fridge I usually just grab a fruit or two. Quick, delicious and healthy.

I love red grapes but they have an effect as with plums so I don't eat them very often, apples can give me heartburn, bananas make me queasy they are so sweet and sugary, oranges are messy to peel, pineapples are great but again quite sugary and because my other half isn't keen on fruit we rarely have any in the house. I do have some blueberries to add to my breakfast cereal but that is about it.

I go in spurts on my intake. Because we have young ones in the house, I usually have fresh or canned fruit in the house at all times. Blueberries are my favorite, but this time of the year they are just too expensive. Bananas and apples are staples. I eat them because they are inexpensive. One apple is enough fruit for two meals for the kids.

I think our diet should have lots of fruits and veggies for sure but I try to keep it 90% veggies and 10% fruit. Fruit is very sweet and still has a lot of sugar and usually not the same variety of vitamins and minerals as vegetables. I try not to eat more than one portion of fruit per day.

If possible I want to eat 3 kinds of fruit everyday because I love them so much.

When we have fruit I eat it every day. We are big apple eaters in this house. The last bananas we got were green on the outside but were soft on the inside so they were made into a banana bread. We just had the best watermelon, it was juicey and sweet which made it hard to stop eating it.

I prefer consuming vegetables as I prefer the taste and am aware that fruit has a high sugar content. On a typical day I'd have 1 serving of fruit and a few servings of vegetables.

Back
Top Bottom