How often do you clear out and reorganize your kitchen cupboards?

Local time
6:43 PM
I do not really have special times for clearing out my kitchen cupboards, but when I do, I usually find some stuff that had been there for quite a while, like some spices, for instance, and also some canned foods that I had forgotten I had. Other stuff like peas could also get pushed aside in the cupboard and forgotten, and then I have to do a cleaning out and a reorganization to see what can still be kept and used. Sometimes I might find some foil paper that I did not know I had. Usually before I go grocery shopping, I would do a random check, but it is always good to set aside some time to do a thorough checking, since some items might be there that we may have lost track of.

So, checking and reorganizing our kitchen cupboards every once in a while can make room for new stuff, and can also remind us of what we have and can use so that we can avoid having to buy that item when we go shopping again.

I usually go through my cupboards 2-3 times a year. I do this when the post office does their stamp out hunger, summer time and right around thanksgiving. I donate alot of foods and spices because I have an overstock or its of something my family tried and didn't like. I coupon so I always have at least 5 of something, besides fridge and freezer foods.

I don't keep food in the cupboards. Instead, it is on racks, canned goods on the bottom shelf.. Because the cupboards are way up high, and when the heat is on during the winter, it gets warm in there.

No place for canned goods!! :eek:

I have one cupboard for canned foods, packets of pasta and rice, sauces and ingredients etc. Everything in there is regularly rotated so that older products always get used before the newer ones. I never need to throw out any unused food.

I don't buy much and I use a rack where everything is visible, so thankfully it is not so hard to keep track of so I don't normally end up piling up old stock. I do still neglect some items though but since they are mostly packaged products I don't worry about it too much. I rarely need regular check ups because they all pretty much get used and eaten before I go to the store to replenish.

I do it often. I think the fact that I have a small kitchen with minimal storage space is the impetus for this. I am always convinced I can come up with some new organizing scheme that will help me more efficiently store what I have but it never comes to fruition.

I do not really have special times for clearing out my kitchen cupboards, but when I do, I usually find some stuff that had been there for quite a while, like some spices, for instance, and also some canned foods that I had forgotten I had. Other stuff like peas could also get pushed aside in the cupboard and forgotten, and then I have to do a cleaning out and a reorganization to see what can still be kept and used. Sometimes I might find some foil paper that I did not know I had. Usually before I go grocery shopping, I would do a random check, but it is always good to set aside some time to do a thorough checking, since some items might be there that we may have lost track of.

So, checking and reorganizing our kitchen cupboards every once in a while can make room for new stuff, and can also remind us of what we have and can use so that we can avoid having to buy that item when we go shopping again.
I usually go through my kitchen cabinets about 2 times a year. I reorganize them and clean. I like to get rid of the things we haven't used in a while to make room for new. :) When it comes to my pantry, I do that more often. I like to check dates and just keep things in order. Much easier to find things if things are neat. I am a couponer so I have many of the same things so being organized is a must !

Danyel :)

I tend to only go through and clean my cupboards when the shelf looks dirty - so about once or twice a year. I don't worry about Best Before Dates because I don't have a huge stock of things in this house and also I don't tend to worry about BB dates either!

We are a first in, first out family so we don't tend to have stuff that is forgotten or pushed aside in the pantry. I do take everything out and re-organize and wipe down the cabinets about twice a year.

Back
Top Bottom