How often do you ... ?

flyinglentris

Disabled and Retired Veteran
Local time
9:59 AM
How often do you short your cooking procedures to avoid messing up the extra dishes and cooking utensils the normal procedure would take, - to cut the preparation time down?

Can you explain what that means? It may be a UK/US language difference but I don't understand the use of 'short' as a verb.

Short in this context simply means to leave things out. For example, I might often short making egg muffins by not using metal rings to keep the eggs round. This means that my egg muffins will be somewhat sloppy with the egg hanging out over the edges of the muffins. But then, I don't have to clean the rings, which I have found difficult to do, from experience. Yes, shorting procedures is a 'lazy' thing, I suppose. But what of it? Perfection often demands more than we are willing to put toward things.

Using pre-prepared store-bought sauces or other preparations is also to be considered shorting a cooking procedure. I can't deny that I have been guilty of this. I short breakfast quite often by using Jimmy Dean breakfast muffins, as most members surely know.

Quite often! I readily adapt my actual cooking steps to how much energy I have at the time or whether I can justify the extra time or effort.

It's not lazy, it's just making the most appropriate use of your time.

With me cooking? All the time...sometimes its shortcuts sometimes its just doing things different either because of the kit we have or what needs washing up already

How often do you eat food in bed? - while working on your computer?

In bed, never. Strict rule here, no food in bed and no food in the bathroom.

Working on a computer…not while actively working, but I’ll take a break and eat something on the sofa, with my laptop next to me.

Back
Top Bottom