How should I store my smoker?

Puggles

Veteran
Local time
7:00 PM
When I'm not using it, should I keep the door open so it can air out, or should I keep it closed?

When I'm not using it, should I keep the door open so it can air out, or should I keep it closed?

You should probably post that picture of it, so people know what type of smoker it is.

Having seen it, I really don't know. How airtight is it when it is not on?

CD

You should probably post that picture of it, so people know what type of smoker it is.

Having seen it, I really don't know. How airtight is it when it is not on?

CD
20230320_192700.jpg
20230320_192709.jpg

Obviously air runs through it when it is turned on, but can it run through when it is off? My only concern would be that with no airflow, it could become a big petri dish. Of course, if you leave it open in a garage, you could draw critters.

I've just been absolute no help. You're welcome. :D

CD

I'd probably just make sure it cools down after use, wipe off any excessive bits of food on the racks, and then store in the garage closed.
Then again, mine is left outside and is rusting away slowly, so I may not be the best person to take advice from lol

My only concern would be that with no airflow, it could become a big petri dish.
Could you not avoid that by running a session with it empty and then leaving it closed. If it is airtight, you've just killed or smoked what's in there and nothing else should be getting in, so it would at least in theory, remain sterile.

Of course there is the obvious answer if reading the handbook and lacking one of those contacting the manufacturers for their recommendations.

Could you not avoid that by running a session with it empty and then leaving it closed. If it is airtight, you've just killed or smoked what's in there and nothing else should be getting in, so it would at least in theory, remain sterile.

Of course there is the obvious answer if reading the handbook and lacking one of those contacting the manufacturers for their recommendations.
That's just it, they say to wipe it down every few smokes, but not how to store it between smokes. Also, I swear all instructions are getting worse and worse. They seem to never be how they used to be. It seems that most instructions have 3 pages of actual information and 30 pages of other languages and 50 pages of warnings about not putting your cat, or neighbors inside the appliance, and they have to put warnings for everything because someone somewhere will try something stupid just to win a lawsuit and claim "well, the instructions didn't say to not put my mother-in-law in the microwave".... Plus almost everything is written out in very poorly translated Chinese.

Last edited:
That's just it, they say to wipe it down every few smokes, but not how to store it between smokes. Also, I swear all instructions are getting worse and worse. They seem to never be how they used to be. It seems that most instructions have 3 pages of actual information and 30 pages of other languages and 50 pages of warnings about not putting your cat, or neighbors inside the appliance, and they have to put warnings for everything because someone somewhere will try something stupid just to win a lawsuit and claim "well, the instructions didn't say to not put my mother-in-law in the microwave".... Plus almost everything is written out in very poorly translated Chinese.

I had a brief scan through these 2 manuals (1st and last, not the middle) and didn't see anything obvious other than cleaning the door seals.

Help for Digital Electric Smoker | Digital Electric Smoker | Char-Broil

I think that's your smoker, but I'm just matching photo to pictures. The 1st link seems the most useful.

I keep my door closed..it has an air vent out the top so any moisture can escape..Just make sure you give the removable parts a good cleaning so there isn't heavy amounts of grease anywhere..

Back
Top Bottom