How to cook chicken breast

MrMajeika

Local time
10:26 AM
I have a couple of skin on boneless chicken breasts. Not sure the best way to cook them. Thinking to pan fry to get crispy skin but do I need to finish them off in the oven? Don't want to overcook them. Any nice ideas to serve them? Maybe some sort of pan sauce but not really sure how to go about it. Can't use any dairy. I have leeks and mushrooms and asparagus and some baby potatoes so could probably make something nice with them?

It sounds wonderful. You can also bake and then finish off under a broiler to get that crispy skin. I would probably go with a simple rosemary/lemon infused butter to avoid using cream. The butter would be good over the asparagus and baby potatoes as well.

I'd probably just pan-fry them as-is in a cast iron or stainless steel skillet, then make a simple pan sauce using whatever non-dairy milk you have, like coconut milk. Pound them to a uniform thickness to make them cook a little quicker if you like. Chicken cooks pretty fast.

Laura Calder ("French Food At Home") warns that, in much of France, it's ok to label a dish "vegetarian" and still include bacon, so maybe we should consider butter as "the dairy that's still allowed" when there's a no dairy rule afoot. :)
I like the way you think!

I often brown in a cast iron skillet and then bake. You can just bake it too. I made some last week. Pounded out. Stuffed with basil and goat cheese. Breaded and baked for 50 minutes. There are plenty of chicken piccata and chicken Marsala recipes there are very simple and quick as well

The best way I have found to cook boneless, skinless chicken breast (should work well with skin on boneless breast, too) is to butterfly it, so it is the same thickness all over. That means the whole breast cooks at the same rate. If you leave it as it comes from the store, the ends will be dry and tough as shoe leather by the time the center is done. Then I pan fry or toss on the outside grill. It cooks fast, so watch it carefully.

Also, I would start skin-side down, and cook it most of the way on that side for a nice, browned skin. Then, flip and finish the cooking on the other side.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqjfQP3Mp2k

CD

Back
Top Bottom