Recipe How to cook Pork Liver Soup

Home Liu

Local time
5:10 AM
I love pork liver soup very much, and I have tried to do it by myself many times ,but all failed——the pork livers are all too tough. I have no idea how to make it better. Does someone here like this soup,either? If you also like it or have some good ideas and happy to share them, pls feel free to write here and I would appreciate it.

My wife has made pork soup dumplings from scratch and the only recipe I have that uses pork liver is for a sausage called Boudin.

I've never come across pork liver soup before. What else do you think is in it besides the liver @Home Liu? I think you would need to cook the liver long and slow for it to tenderise. Either that or super quickly. Anything in-between will make it tough.

I'll do a spot of research if I get time as the idea interests me.

I recall that my parents would soak beef liver in milk to tenderize (and also remove the bitterness) before they cooked it. They would refrigerate it for an hour or two, and the results were always good.

My mum did something similar I recall. Don't think it was pork liver though.?? She definitely soaked some sort of meat in milk.

Russ

I've never come across pork liver soup before. What else do you think is in it besides the liver @Home Liu? I think you would need to cook the liver long and slow for it to tenderise. Either that or super quickly. Anything in-between will make it tough.

I'll do a spot of research if I get time as the idea interests me.
There are also some green vegetables in it.

I did a little research and I understand that Pork Liver Soup is a very famous dish in China. Most of the recipes I look at suggest slicing the the liver very thinly (minus any membrane) and then adding to the soup at the very end of cooking. So the liver is just cooked through - maybe 4 to 5 minutes simmering. So the main think is to make your broth/soup first. I can copy over a recipe I found.

My wife has made pork soup dumplings from scratch and the only recipe I have that uses pork liver is for a sausage called Boudin.
HaHa, we usually use pork meat or pork ribs or dried pork blood to make sausages in China. I have never heard of using the pork liver.

There is a recipe which looks very interesting here - but it is more than a pig's liver soup. I don't know how easy it is for you to access websites from China - I can post recipe if you like.

http://eatwhattonight.com/2015/12/pork-liver-mee-sua-soup/

1Mee-Sua-Soup.jpg

Back
Top Bottom