Recipe How to Cook Vegetable Stew (Pinakbet)

zararian

Veteran
Local time
2:11 PM
This is another Filipino dish using various vegetables so, definitely it is a healthy dish.

The Ingredients:

1/2 kl pork (cube sliced)
1 cup sliced squash
1 medium sized bitter melon (sliced)
2 sliced eggplant
10 pcs string bean (cut in pieces)
3 pcs sliced tomato
1 pc sliced onion
3pcs garlic head/gloves (sliced)
cooiking oil
2 cups of water
salt

Directions:

1. Saute onion, garlic and tomato in a pre heated pan. Put the cube pork and mix it, wait until meat is reddish
in color. Pour water.

2. Add squash and then string bean. Cover the pan and wait for 3 minutes.

3. Add bitter melon and eggplant then cover it and boil until vegetables are tender. Season it with salt.

That's an interesting recipe for stew, very much unlike how I make it. I hated egg plant for years but recently tried by accident (it was slipped into my food) and discovered that I really liked it. Thanks for the recipe, I will give it a try!

That's an interesting recipe for stew, very much unlike how I make it. I hated egg plant for years but recently tried by accident (it was slipped into my food) and discovered that I really liked it. Thanks for the recipe, I will give it a try!

Welcome. :)
I also do not like eggplant before but after I discovered that it could taste really good on some dishes, I have liked it since. The eggplant omelet is one of my favorite eggplant dishes.

I haven't tried pinakbet yet, and we haven't cooked this for the past few months. It's not that I didn't like it, maybe because I'm not used to it that's why I'm not always eating it, haha (but I've never tried it yet, truly D: ). I think I'm going to try and cook this because from the sound of the procedures, it'd really taste great.

I often make something very similar to this but without the pork. I don't eat pork and I do like a vegetable stew to be made only from vegetables. In placeof the pork I might use cubes of potato, or add some presoaked beans or lentils. Instead of squash I would use swede or parsnips in winter.

Back
Top Bottom