How to locate recipes

mjd

Veteran
Local time
1:51 PM
[Mod.Edit: First few posts moved from another thread (MG)]

Hi everybody.

Can someone help me figure out how to see a recipe if I start at the photo? I see so many wonderful looking meals in the "Media" tab but I don't know how to get to the recipe/discussions about the dish.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everybody.

Can someone help me figure out how to see a recipe if I start at the photo? I see so many wonderful looking meals in the "Media" tab but I don't know how to get to the recipe/discussions about the dish.

Thanks in advance!
If I understand what you're asking, you're likely looking for something that isn't there. Usually, whatever's posted in the "What I Ate..." topics, along with pictures, doesn't have a recipe associated with it, it's just folks posting what they ate that day.

The competition topics, those will have recipes, as it's a requirement to entering a contest. If you look at the current juniper challenge, for example, you'll see links back to recipes in there.

You can also quickly browse through a particular sub-forum, like the one on meats, and any topic that's prefaced with a green Recipe icon contains a recipe.

Hope that helps!

If I understand what you're asking, you're likely looking for something that isn't there. Usually, whatever's posted in the "What I Ate..." topics, along with pictures, doesn't have a recipe associated with it, it's just folks posting what they ate that day.

The competition topics, those will have recipes, as it's a requirement to entering a contest. If you look at the current juniper challenge, for example, you'll see links back to recipes in there.

You can also quickly browse through a particular sub-forum, like the one on meats, and any topic that's prefaced with a green Recipe icon contains a recipe.

Hope that helps!

But, what if I want to eat everything I see posted?!?!?!?!?! LOL Yes, that makes sense. I thought I was losing my mind because I couldn't figure it out. That's because it's not there! Thanks TR.

Does it say who posted the photo? If they are still active members, you could send a PM -- or ask here by their name and the photo.

CD

But, what if I want to eat everything I see posted?!?!?!?!?!
There's actually an answer for that question!

I've found that generally (except one cantankerous old fart in south-central Ohio), the people here are exceedingly generous, and if you say, "Hey, that looks fab! How'd you do that?," they'll at the very least offer some guidance, and many times provide a recipe.

Even that cantankerous old fart in south-central Ohio will usually be accommodating...ahem... :)

Does it say who posted the photo? If they are still active members, you could send a PM -- or ask here by their name and the photo.

CD

Yes. The poster's name shows up and clicking on the photo takes me to a page with a larger print than the thumbnail and any additional photos of that set.

I've found that generally (except one cantankerous old fart in south-central Ohio), the people here are exceedingly generous, and if you say, "Hey, that looks fab! How'd you do that?," they'll at the very least offer some guidance, and many times provide a recipe.

Even that cantankerous old fart in south-central Ohio will usually be accommodating...ahem... :)

Well, thank you Mr. Cantakerous old fart in south-central Ohio! Good tip! LOL

Good answers above. The only other way would be to use the forum search engine if the photo has a recipe 'title'.

Reactions: mjd

Well I think I know that cantankerous old fart in south-central Ohio has been very helpful to me and others on this forum and I think you should withdraw your remarks and apologise :D

TastyReuben (aka cantankerous old fart in south-central Ohio) I wanted to find an apology with a food theme. ;-0
P.S. You all make me laugh. ;-)

I saw a recipe posted by someone recently. I didn't save it but I want to find it again. I can't recall any keywords except "Salmon" and I don't recall who posted it. I closed my browser so my history has been cleared.

How do I find it again?

I saw a recipe posted by someone recently. I didn't save it but I want to find it again. I can't recall any keywords except "Salmon" and I don't recall who posted it. I closed my browser so my history has been cleared.

How do I find it again?
It may be part of the seafood challenge, so maybe just check that topic and see if there's a post for it there.

How do I find it again?

Did you try doing a search for salmon using our search facility?

Back
Top Bottom