How to message a mod as a newbie

dvlpacheco

Local time
8:43 AM
Hey guys! I'm new to the forum and am curious, is there any way to message a mod? Since I'm new I don't yet have the rights to private message anyone. There's something I would like to post but I want to run it past a mod first to check if it is allowed since I'm not sure. Thanks.

Hey guys! I'm new to the forum and am curious, is there any way to message a mod? Since I'm new I don't yet have the rights to private message anyone. There's something I would like to post but I want to run it past a mod first to check if it is allowed since I'm not sure. Thanks.

I think you should be able to PM us now. But I well send you a PM which you should be able to reply to.

There is nothing stopping new members from contacting moderators other than perhaps the knowledge on how to...

But you'll not be able to send links still without approval... a little odd that we have to approve the link being sent to us but that's the system and we have to work with it.

If it is related to an existing thread you should go to that thread and use the report button. Sending a message to an individual moderator is discouraged because only that moderator had access to it. All of us can see reports and respond and this is useful to all so that we are all aware of any issues.

If it is how do I do something on the forum, then the site support area is the best place because members can respond as well and you'll get a much faster response.

SatNavSaysStraightOn
(Site Owner)

There is nothing stopping new members from contacting moderators other than perhaps the knowledge on how to...
Apologies, there was a setting that had been inherited from the previous owner that I'd missed.

Until a new member has had 5 posts approved, they can not start a conversation with anyone, but can reply. Once they have 5 valid posts, they will be able to start messages with anyone who allows contact from all members (default setting).

At the time of writing this dvlpacheco only has 1 approved post (this one oddly enough) so can't start conversations with anyone.

Back
Top Bottom