How to post photos so they aren't layered (one after the other)

Hi,

I like the way Hemulen 's photos (Recipe - Bitter Lemon Cake) show in different sizes and take up less space than when they are one on top of the other. How do I get my photos to appear that way?

Thanks in advance,
MJ
I haven't the faintest idea of organizing the photos on the thread. I'm only aware of the possibility to resize the photos and place two or more pics next to each other (max 6 pics/post) with difficulty; without e.g. decent gaps between the pics. I arrange my photos on my laptop (Windows) using e.g. PowerPoint, BeFunky, AVS Photo Editor or sometimes Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator (to name a few) and save them combined using the software or just a snipping tool (selective screenshot). If combined (6 pics in 1), I can post up to 36 pics in one post.

PP is easy as you just have to make the page blank (my PP is in Finnish so I'm not sure about the translation). Start->Settings->Blank. The default page size is ok. Then just add all pics at once (Add->Select pics->Enter) and use the automatic "Design ideas" column on the right. Check all pics (Start->Select->All objects) and save them combined as one image (I use mainly jpg). You can amplify the resolution in which PP saves images in RegEdit but that's another story. CookingBites doesn't support very heavy image files so a default jpg or png without further adjustments is ok.

Last edited:
Reactions: mjd
I haven't the faintest idea of organizing the photos on the thread. I'm only aware of the possibility to resize the photos and place two or more pics next to each other (max 6 pics/post) with difficulty; without e.g. decent gaps between the pics. I arrange my photos on my laptop (Windows) using e.g. PowerPoint, BeFunky, AVS Photo Editor or sometimes Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator (to name a few) and save them combined using the software or just a snipping tool (selective screenshot). If combined (6 pics in 1), I can post up to 36 pics in one post.

So, you lay them out in software to make several photos into one? I have a photo editor and can do that but want to make sure I'm understanding correctly.

So, you lay them out in software to make several photos into one? I have a photo editor and can do that but want to make sure I'm understanding correctly.
Yes, just like that. I explained the way in which I use PowerPoint if you have access to Office tools (edits in the previous post).

There is no easy answer to your question mjd-lovescooking. It is possible to place photos side by side by uploading them directly into a post but (depending how large the image is) it usually only works if you upload them as 'thumbnails'. Just put the cursor to the right of the first uploaded image and upload the next one. Unfortunately the software on the forum is set to downgrade the resolution quite a lot with thumbnails. Compare the quality of these images with the full size ones below.

To upload as thumbnails simply click 'Thumbnail' once you have attached the image to the post:

Back
Top Bottom