How to ship baked cookies?

True2marie

Veteran
Local time
1:45 PM
Christmas is just around the corner. I want to send cookies to a family member, but I have never shipped this type of food through the mail. How do I ship baked cookies so they don't get damaged and remain fresh?

When I worked at a summer camp, the best care package cookies came with a slice of bread in the bag. Something about the bread makes the cookies stay moist. (The bread is often no longer moist.)

Damage prevention is in the packaging. Put the cookies in a tin or a ziplock (with the bread), and make sure it is packed full so they don't have room to bang around. Then make sure the tin/bag is surrounded on all sides by soft but secure padding (packaging peanuts or whatever). The idea is to make sure it is secure - no wiggle room - and padded on all sides.

Have you ever moved a box of dishes? Essentially the same idea.

I put them in a cupcake liners in a tin or I put them in a glass jar. I stack the cookies and put them in a jar and wrap with ribbon. The jar method is only good if they do not get banked around. Super fragile cookies and crumbly cookies will not travel well.

When I worked at a summer camp, the best care package cookies came with a slice of bread in the bag. Something about the bread makes the cookies stay moist. (The bread is often no longer moist.)

Damage prevention is in the packaging. Put the cookies in a tin or a ziplock (with the bread), and make sure it is packed full so they don't have room to bang around. Then make sure the tin/bag is surrounded on all sides by soft but secure padding (packaging peanuts or whatever). The idea is to make sure it is secure - no wiggle room - and padded on all sides.

Have you ever moved a box of dishes? Essentially the same idea.

I have also used a slice of bread with my cookies to keep then moist. It really works! I also agree to make sure the cookies are packaged well. I think tins are a great idea.
While in college, my aunt mailed me a pan of brownies for my birthday. (I LOVE chocolate.) She had baked them in an aluminum pan and then covered it with aluminum foil. She then placed the aluminum pan in a cardboard box and sent it. As you can imagine, I got very smashed brownies that had been tossed around. Be sure you pack them tight, and surround them with bubble wrap, tissue paper, or packing paper. The dollar store sells all for very cheap.

Back
Top Bottom