Howdy, all!

lawman

Local time
4:49 PM
I just joined last week. Been cooking my own meals since the quarantine and lockdown began, and I just realized I'd like to take up cooking more seriously. Once the pandemic blows over, I'm going to invest in pans, chopping boards, more and better utensils--just the basics, really. I lived on takeouts until now, and I'm realizing how much more healthy and cheap cooking is. It's also deeply autonomous and satisfying.

Other than that, I love to read.

Looking forward to learning here. Stay safe, everybody! :)

Welcome! You have great seafood in your area. Love Dungeness and geoduck! We have access to both live at some of our Asian markets.

Welcome to the group! Jump in and start posting some of the things you're cooking.

Welcome to CookingBites lawman. I hope you enjoy our forum. Please dive in and join in our discussions or post any questions you have. Cooking for yourself is definitely the way to go in the current lockdown - its creative and you can learn new skills and eat delicious food. What's not to like? :D :okay:

Just don't go overboard with all the new stuff. Just get some decent knives, a chopping board big enough to work on (and heavy enough to stay where you put it), a couple of saucepans, and a couple of fry pans (at least one nonstick) and start from there. I personally think a Dutch oven is a must-have, but not everyone agrees.

Enjoy!

Thanks a lot for the welcome guys! :)

Saranak -- I am a vegetarian who eats egg nonetheless, so mostly vegetarian recipes.

TastyReuben -- Yes, I am springing only for the basic stuff, and thankfully I've always kept a non-stick pan with me. Although I'm only just using it extensively. I've always liked the look of Dutch ovens. My parents have plenty of ceramic cook pots, and I really like looking at them too. About time I started using them, though.

So far so good for me--my entry into cooking.

Stay safe, guys! :)

I just joined last week. Been cooking my own meals since the quarantine and lockdown began, and I just realized I'd like to take up cooking more seriously. Once the pandemic blows over, I'm going to invest in pans, chopping boards, more and better utensils--just the basics, really. I lived on takeouts until now, and I'm realizing how much more healthy and cheap cooking is. It's also deeply autonomous and satisfying.

Other than that, I love to read.

Looking forward to learning here. Stay safe, everybody! :)

The more you cook the better you will get and you'll start to dread eating out! DOH!

Cooking utensils - I couldn't manage without my woks. I have 8 of them varying between 150mm and 380mm diameter.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom