How's inflation affecting you?

Why don't you mix it like when they would add cornflakes or oats to stretch meatloaf.
I do something of that, but there are less optimal and cheaper foods I prefer not to feed them.
In the winter, the chickens have to rely on everything I bring them (other than the stray mouse they capture).

Yes, we are fortunate to that our house is paid off as well. Hubby was at the end of his mortgage when we met 24 years ago.

We've kept the thermostat this winter at 68F, whereas in previous years it wasn't a thought to have it at 70-72 if we wanted. Let's hope summer isn't a scorcher.

I've only been slightly impacted by inflation at the grocery store. Eggs, bread, and peanut butter have increased a lot in price. Hubby gets 2 eggs at breakfast now instead of 3. The bread and peanut butter are for sandwiches for the squirrels. I haven't scaled back on them yet! :laugh:

Meat is more expensive but I have a chest freezer in the garage so I stock up when it's on sale. Lobster has doubled in price so we haven't had it in a few years now.

My house is paid off, as well Eggs will start being laid again within a month out there. But as noted, their feed is expensive - but once they can get back outside, nature will supplement (barring foxes or hawks enjoying THEIR vaersion of supplements....)

I have a good chest freezer in the basement. It is essentially full. I hardly ever buy bread, and perhaps a jar of peanut butter a year to begin with.

milk in Hawaii at down to earth.jpg

I saw this on Facebook ... this is from a market in Kailua, Oahu, Hawaii called Down to Earth.
:eek:

Back
Top Bottom