I am disappointed

ElizabethB

Guru
Local time
6:32 AM
I don't know how to express my feelings .
A couple of weeks ago G's buddy was talking about his wife's efforts to make masks . The impression he gave was that she was making mask to donate to the medical community. Buddy's wife is a crafty person. She does painted furniture, children's clothing and most recently beds and clothes for American Girl dolls. She shops garage sales, flea markets and thrift stores for fabric. She has a custom built storage unit in her work room for fabric. It is 8' wide and 7' tall.
I was so touched and impressed by her generosity .
She was having trouble finding elastic. She found a source that donated elastic to people making mask to donate to the medical community.
This evening G spoke to his Bud. His wife is not donating masks, she is selling them. Packs of 5 - $25, buyer pays shipping. She makes 2 or 3 hundred per day and can not keep up with the orders. Most are going to New York.
I don't know how to feel. I am shocked. I am disappointed. I am p!ssed. When G told me what was going on my first thought was "What trash"
Makes me feel ill. 🤮

A couple of weeks ago G's buddy was talking about his wife's efforts to make masks . The impression he gave was that she was making mask to donate to the medical community. Buddy's wife is a crafty person. She does painted furniture, children's clothing and most recently beds and clothes for American Girl dolls. She shops garage sales, flea markets and thrift stores for fabric. She has a custom built storage unit in her work room for fabric. It is 8' wide and 7' tall.
She was having trouble finding elastic. She found a source that donated elastic to people making mask to donate to the medical community.
This evening G spoke to his Bud. His wife is not donating masks, she is selling them. Packs of 5 - $25, buyer pays shipping. She makes 2 or 3 hundred per day and can not keep up with the orders. Most are going to New York.
I don't know how to feel. I am shocked. I am disappointed. I am p!ssed. When G told me what was going on my first thought was "What trash"
Makes me feel ill. 🤮

A crisis reveals true natures of people. I see where you're coming from, I'd be ticked off as well. We have friends who are worth 2 to 3 million $$. We recently had a pot luck dinner here, this couple turned up with a store bought salad, price was still on it, $2.39 and a bag of potato chips worth $2.
When cleaning up afterwards I found the container. Other friends bought goods worth $35 each. People huh??

Russ

Makes me feel ill. 🤮
Ciao Elizabeth,
I understand why you feel cross Bella. Is sad when some take advantages of other. It unfortunate but if time bad some people show best some worse of nature. She should be ashamed for be so mercenary.

Sarana x

Darling girl, I totally understand your reaction. Unfortunately, this is the capitalist society in action. If she obtained the elastic under false protenses then she deserves to be prosecuted. Otherwise, you live in a land that celebrated Warren Buffet and Gordan Gecko (imaginary, I know). One of our prominent Government minister's owns a personal equity firm that is actively promoting getting rich on the back of coronavirus misfortune. It is alledged that the son in law of your President is trading quite nicely in PPE. Vote Trump or Johnson, and this is what you get. I really hope that some good will come out of this, and that it will not be based on personal gain.

I wish I knew who donated the elastic.
It is sad but I do not expect honesty or integrity from politicians. Oxymoron.
I do expect more from friends, former friends.
I'm with you there, I remember my mum making clothes for our neighbours as a kid, for free. She would never charge people who were as poor as us. Her sewing machine seemed to til all ours. My daughter has her sewing machine now. A treadle one.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom