I assume SatNav saw the Database error and fixed it???

Most things respond to putting the zeros and ones back into the right order!
You reminded me that at my previous job our IT guy was replacing a PC that had died. I had an apprentice shadowing me at the time, and the technician unplugged the ethernet cable and handed it to the apprentice, telling him "make sure you hold the end up so the data doesn't fall out" Bless him he did, and none of us present ever told him.

You reminded me that at my previous job our IT guy was replacing a PC that had died. I had an apprentice shadowing me at the time, and the technician unplugged the ethernet cable and handed it to the apprentice, telling him "make sure you hold the end up so the data doesn't fall out" Bless him he did, and none of us present ever told him.

In college, I worked in a camera store after classes. Some older woman brought in some 35mm film to be developed, and I dropped the little canister on the floor. I made the old photography joke, "Oooops, I hope I didn't knock the pictures out of focus." She went nuts! "My grandson's birthday pictures are on that film!!!" The store's owner had to calm her down and explain the joke.

CD

With some of the calls I've taken over the years... nothing surprises me anymore.

Me : can you double click on the my computer icon on your desktop
Him: you'll have to wait for me to clear the desktop of paperwork...
Me: can you look at the screen please?

He was seriously going to look for a picture called my computer on his desk!

Another when I worked for the armed forces in IT.
Soldier ringing me from Serbia : the laptop on loan to me has been shot
Me at a loss as to what I'm expected to do over the phone from the UK : <silence, thinking, now what?> were you injured?
Soldier: no ma'am, the laptop stopped the round ma'am.
Me.... Still thinking what am I meant to do to a laptop in a war zone that's been shot? : have you got 2 officers available of Major or above?
Soldier: <hesitates> yes ma'am
Me: I'll fax you the destruction protocol. You'll need 2 officers to witness it, and a tank. Do you have one available?

Back
Top Bottom