I Cannot Eat Out Anymore

dashboardc33

Veteran
Local time
4:39 AM
It is really difficult for me to eat out anymore. I think of myself as a pretty decent chef, and when I eat out I just have awful experiences. There are many reasons for this. First of all, I just cannot see myself spending $15 on a bowl of pasta that I can make myself and I can make it taste better! Also, I have gotten so sick the last few times. I don't know the quality of the food, how it was prepared and not to mention again, the price. When I do eat out it is usually specialty food that I cannot make on my own. Am I the only one that feels this way?

Why do you eat out ? Because you can't cook - clearly no. Because you hate cooking - again no. Is the food bad - no not really - maybe not as you would do it but not bad. [OK SOME may be bad]. Just pick your places to go, pick something you wouldn't normally cook and get out there and enjoy the experience. Have a bottle of wine [ who cares what as long as you like it]. Don't go out everyday - make an event out of it. Life is too short to worry about a few dollars/pounds so experiment and let someone else do the work.

I don't think people eat out purely because they can't cook for themselves at home (the majority of people anyway). It's more that they want to make an event out of it (hanging out with friends or family or on a date) or that they don't WANT to cook and clean. Yes, it's not something to do every single day, but once in a while, I think you should go out, if just to give yourself a night off.

I disagree with something you said. You can literally make anything you can pick up anywhere. All you need are the right ingredients & a helpful recipe. As far as why people eat out? It seems like a sheer convenience thing. It's the faster option when pressed for time or a celebratory thing. Going out to eat has become an event.

I hardly ever go out to eat these days. I'm pretty short on cash right now and I'm not too bad a cook so I do feel slightly resentful about paying restaurant prices when I could make something just as good at hme for a fraction of the cost.

I do enjoy dining out though and it is a luxury to have everything cooked for you.

It is really difficult for me to eat out anymore. I think of myself as a pretty decent chef, and when I eat out I just have awful experiences. There are many reasons for this. First of all, I just cannot see myself spending $15 on a bowl of pasta that I can make myself and I can make it taste better! Also, I have gotten so sick the last few times. I don't know the quality of the food, how it was prepared and not to mention again, the price. When I do eat out it is usually specialty food that I cannot make on my own. Am I the only one that feels this way?

I'd still eat out. I'm just picky about where I eat. :meh:

Eating out for us is a social thing , I don't get many days/evenings off and we go out as a family and or friends once a week, yes I could produce better food but it's nice to be waited on,

We do not eat out nearly as much as we used to and my fiance prefers my cooking. We only go out to eat about once a month, and it is mostly for the cocktails at the restaurant. I am horrible at making my own cocktails. Eating out is just a reason to get out of the house for the evening for us now.

I hear what you mean about cooking certain dishes better than a restaurant would - my background on my mothers side of the family is Italian, so I don't really dine out for Italian food because I know a lot of things I can make just as good if not better.

I try to make eating out an enjoyable experience by trying cuisines that I'm not proficient at cooking myself. That way it's always going to taste good to me!

Eating out is a social event. I only go out to eat about once a month as I do not care to eat out much because of a nervous stomach. I will have coffee with a friend about once a week which is also a social event for us.

We usually eat out once in a while and I find it sometimes good and sometimes bad. That's the reason why we have favorites when it comes to restaurants because we already know the taste of the food. For new restaurants that we are to try, we call it adventure - that means we don't know what lies ahead so we are prepared for the worse. And if it's worse then we don't come back there anymore.

I love the occasional break from the kitchen, but I get really upset when I have to pay for substandard food. Since 'food is where the money is" according to most in my country, sometimes I feel like everyone who can light a stove is opening a restaurant. That might be a stretch but I find it's really getting a little out of hand.

There have been times when I have thought that I am never eating out again and then I do and it's not a half bad experience. Sometimes it's actually what you need as a family or individual. See it as an 'adventure' like Corzhen says and with adventures you never know how it's going to turn out.

Back
Top Bottom