I cooked the whole Christmas dinner in the halogen oven!

Local time
2:49 PM
Website
www.helium.com
We bought a halogen oven last month, and I've been experimenting with it, with great success, so I decided to attempt the Christmas dinner in it. I cooked the turkey crown on Christmas Eve, then at 12.30pm yesterday I started to prepare the meal.

While I parboiled the potatoes and parsnips, I cooked the two stuffings, then put in the roast potatoes for 20 minutes. Then the beef went in, and just over an hour later, it was cooked to perfection. While it rested, I ramped up the heat for the Yorkshire puddings and to crisp the potatoes.

We sat down to Christmas dinner at 2.30 - just 2 hours after I started the preparations! The whole thing was wonderful, and so quick. I'm a real halogen oven convert now - are you?

Really? Wow! I have seen halogen ovens on TV, but always thought they were fake. I can't imagine cooking any food, especially meats quickly. I always thought the meat would come out tough or strange in texture.

Really? Wow! I have seen halogen ovens on TV, but always thought they were fake. I can't imagine cooking any food, especially meats quickly. I always thought the meat would come out tough or strange in texture.
You have to use cuts of meat that don't require too much cooking, like poultry, lean pork, beef and lamb and burgers and sausages. If you wanted to cook a stew in there, with stewing beef, or a slow roast joint, you could do it, but you would lose the advantage of quicker cooking, as it will take as long as a regular oven.

As for the taste, we're both agreed it's the best meat we've had in ages!

Back
Top Bottom