I made chicken omelette today

I think omelettes can really go with ANYTHING you can imagine. Unless you're throwing in junk food like candy and chips, eggs are a fantastic meal to combine with anything like meat, vegetables, and spices. I think eggs should always be eaten for breakfast and should remain the basis of it!

Look at your profile picture I do understand that eggs have done you real good!! :)

Sounds confusing! How did you manage chicken in an omelette? That's truly interesting and the way you elaborated yours recipe makes me feel like giving it a try. But I didn't get how actually I should start it, this is because I'm very poor in cooking. It is only sometimes, very rare, that I succeeded in my cooking programs and that is the reason I try very less recipes by myself. Anyways great combo mate. Hope your hunger is fully satisfied :)

Hey Margarito,

This is a good time to give it a try. So, for starting, it is as simple as starting to make any egg based dish in a pan and then add the ingredients. The marinated chicken, of course, is a separate dish, which I only added to make my omelette a bit more heavy and filling .. :)

I am not sure if I helped you with the answer. So, do let me know if it did not help.

I can honestly tell you they do not work with smoked (white) salmon & white cheese. Trust me I have tried it when I was cycling through Belarus and it was horrible. I did not finish that meal and as a hungry cyclist in very cold weather, leaving a meal unfinished can only mean one thing.

Actually now I am a bit curious. I will try this and see how it tastes. No offence meant to your sense of taste but then curiosity is something which makes men do the weirdest things, isn't it?

I don't think I have ever tried chicken in an omelette, but I have put turkey lunch meat in it, and was pleased with the results. As long as it is a good brand of lunch meat, that is actual meat, and not just a gelatinous mold of meat scraps injected with water. I've also been considering making a shrimp one too, if I could ever keep my hands off of the leftover shimp whenever I have it.

Yeah, you try it with shrimp and let me know. In fact, I just told SatNavSaysStraingOn that I would try my omelette with smoked white salmon too. So, I wouldn't mind a second opinion on trying sea food with omelette. :)

Yeah
Look at your profile picture I do understand that eggs have done you real good!! :)

Thank you, you're kind! lol Eggs has done me lots of good and I think I wouldn't know what to eat for breakfast if there were no eggs. They are complete and keep me full longer than any other food..

I always make chicken omelets from leftover stir fry. Chicken, bell peppers, and broccoli stir fried in soy sauce? mmmmmm. Even better warmed up then made into am omelet for breakfast.

I always make chicken omelets from leftover stir fry. Chicken, bell peppers, and broccoli stir fried in soy sauce? mmmmmm. Even better warmed up then made into am omelet for breakfast.

MyPaperBleedsInk

Thanks for sharing. With every post I am convinced that I am not the only one to have done this. Believe me, at the beginning of this post I really thought so; that I am the odd one out to have made a chicken omelette. Now, I feel like one of the group... :)

I know this sounds weird, but since I was hungry and in a mood to experiment (usually both do not occur together) I made the standard basic omelette mix of two eggs, pieces of green chilly, some rings of onion, salt to taste.

I put this for frying on a pan. While it was frying, I added some pieces of shredded boneless chicken (had boiled it earlier and marinated in an Indian curry) to the omelette. The resulting combination was one hell of a thing. I think the marinated chicken made the difference. I enjoyed it completely.

I'm an omelette lover, but have never thought to pair it with chicken. When you go to restaurants (like IHOP), you'll often see weird omelette combinations, and sometimes it doesn't even sound appetizing. But if you enjoyed it, I guess I could make chicken an exception. I make a shrimp/seafood omelet every now and then, but I think that's more common than chicken.

I'm an omelette lover, but have never thought to pair it with chicken. When you go to restaurants (like IHOP), you'll often see weird omelette combinations, and sometimes it doesn't even sound appetizing. But if you enjoyed it, I guess I could make chicken an exception. I make a shrimp/seafood omelet every now and then, but I think that's more common than chicken.

Hello PSLoveCharli,

Thanks for sharing for version of the omelette.. :) ... In fact, SatNav and I were discussing as to how a seafood omelette would be. Now that we have testimonial, I just have to deep dive and try it out.

Back
Top Bottom