I need your help please: Questions Needed

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Staff member
Local time
10:41 AM
Website
www.satnavsaysstraighton.com
I'm needing some basic food and drink or cooking questions.

They need to be easy to answer. Single word or at most 2 words, lacking punctuation...
They can be true or false, yes or no, or similar but they can't be regional or even country specific. So I can't ask 'what are tatty scones?' (Scottish potato cakes btw.) But I could ask if red is a colour: yes or no. However, I also don't want the question to contain the answer (unless is yes/no, true/false), so 'which of these three, a knife, a fork or a spoon, is used to cut with?' isn't something I'm after, but 'which piece of cutlery is used to cut with?' would be ok (here's hoping they know what cutlery is! ).

The answer has to be entered letter for letter, so if there is a spelling difference such as colour and color, I'd need to enter both as an option which I can do. But if the answer was sheeps milk, is it sheeps milk, sheep's milk or sheeps' milk? I'd have to enter all 3 as possible answers because we're not testing grammar! And I want to keep my work down to a minimum. So we can't ask what are the basic ingredients for bread because there are a vast number of answers such as bread, water, and yeast; bread water yeast; bread and water and yeast; bread+...; bread + ...; bread & ...; not to mention starting with water or yeast...

Hopefully that makes sense.

So examples I'm not using
  • A mug is a drinking vessel: true or false
  • Oranges grow in the arctic: yes or no
  • What colour is milk? (Correct answers, white or cream), not all countries are dairy milk based.
  • What colour meat is beef? (Correct answer, red or red meat) - not everyone will know what beef is.
  • Potatoes are typically classed as waxy, salad and what? (Correct answer, floury) - just too specific.
Any examples I like, I'll have to remove from public display, so if it disappears don't worry :okay:

I'm a bit confused (not uncommon). Is the reason for the questions to filter out spammers? Surely almost any question could be easily looked up on the internet by prospective spammers?

the best bot stopper I've seen:

well, not allowed to post a such a sneaky link. sorry.

the best bot stopper I've seen:

well, not allowed to post a such a sneaky link. sorry.

Thanks for trying. Its because you are a new member. You could try posting again and leaving the link in your post. We (on the admin side) should be able to see the link even if it doesn't get posted in the thread here.

Back
Top Bottom