I tried Kangaroo this week!

Local time
1:03 PM
And you know what? It was pretty good! Me and my boyfriend saw kangaroo fondue slices at the grocery store and decided to purchase them on a whim. We didn't feel like making a fondue broth so we baked them in the oven and dipped them in spicy mayo. In case you're wondering kangaroo tastes a bit like beef, it has a red meaty flavor but with a bit of sweetness. If you feel like trying something new, and you can find it I highly recommend trying it out!

This is something I have wanted to try for a while. Obviously, living in the UK kangaroo is not a native meat. This means it is fairly expensive and not many places sell it. There is one butcher's in a nearby town. You have persuaded me to give it a try next time I am passing.

We tried it when we were in Australia, yes it does taste a bit like beef. Tried crocodile as well now that I can live without :yuck:

Lizzie I am from Canada so kangaroo isn't native here either but I live in Quebec and people here seem to have a thing for exotic meats. Horse is quite popular as well.
Lullabelle what does crocodile taste like, I've heard it's similar to chicken?

Lizzie I am from Canada so kangaroo isn't native here either but I live in Quebec and people here seem to have a thing for exotic meats. Horse is quite popular as well.
Lullabelle what does crocodile taste like, I've heard it's similar to chicken?

Crocodile was meaty but had strange 'odd fishy' kind of taste if that makes sense, I love fish but that was just wrong

Ugh, that does make sense, it lives in the water so I guess thats why. Meaty and fishy together does sound odd!

Back
Top Bottom