I want to run this recipe past you! (Butternut Squash and Blueberry Boost)

Elawin

Guru
Local time
4:23 PM
Very basic at the moment, no notes, no pics, no nothing except ingredients. But what do you think?

BUTTERNUT & BLUEBERRY BOOST

INGREDIENTS:

(All weights noted are the cooked weights)
• 200g goat or sheep’s yoghurt
• 500g butternut squash, boiled
• 10g blueberries, raw
• 3 eggs, hard boiled, peeled
• 40g broccoli, boiled
• ¼ teaspoon ground eggshell

METHOD:
Chop ingredients.

This recipe will keep in the freezer for up to one month.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I wouldn't think that tiny amount of eggshell would give much calcium.

I'm afraid it sounds horrible. Fit for the dog, perhaps? :laugh:
He loves it:happy: He's had yoghurt stuffed pancakes with blueberries for breakfast twice this week already :D
P.S. Those quantities are supposed to be enough for a 14 kg dog for a week, or for one gannet ... I mean, greyhound, for about 10 seconds :roflmao:

Last edited:
I'm not sure what I think about this because when I read the title of the recipe I thought it was going to be a smoothie. But its not!

personally I wouldn't have thought that 10g of blueberries was worth it with 500g of squash. I think you would probably count the blueberries out with 10g!

it sounds more like it is a squash and hard boiled egg salad held together with yoghurt.

personally I wouldn't have thought that 10g of blueberries was worth it with 500g of squash. I think you would probably count the blueberries out with 10g!

it sounds more like it is a squash and hard boiled egg salad held together with yoghurt.

It's dog food. Actually I thought it looked rather good. Perhaps next time I should do a bit of experimenting, although there's nothing in there that a human couldn't eat :D

I got the recipes from Forthglade (who advertise on that page). They had a pdf with several more recipes on than are on that page. Tippy has part of some of their complete meals mixed in with his kibble in the evenings. He still shares my breakfast on several occasions, otherwise has Weetabix, and has his treats during the day. Teatime he has raw. Since I changed his food, he is looking a lot healthier, although I have to weigh all his food at the moment :laugh: to make sure he gets the right amount (35 g raw or fresh = 25 g kibble.)

Back
Top Bottom