Ice cream not having constant texture

R3ltas

Local time
11:08 AM
So I made chocolate ice cream by blending 5 bananas and adding 3 spoons of Nutella. The taste is fine but when I left it in freezer for a night it got so hard I couldn't eveb break it. After that I left it in fridhe for a couple hours and it got liquid back again. Any solution or tips for this?

Making ice cream is more complex than it seems. Simply mixing ingredients and freezing them will rarely result in scoopable ice cream, you have to control some elements that help the mix get that creamy consistency: fat, air, sugar and alcohol.

I suggest you read this article which gives you a really good idea of what you can do to get creamy ice cream. If you don't have an ice cream maker and aren't willing to mix your ice cream by hand every 30 minutes while it freezes google no churn ice cream recipes, these are usually adjusted to give creamy ice cream without the need to churn.

If you're in a rush you can always make popsicles, since you don't have to scoop them, texture isn't so important. Mix the ingredients you want, get them into popsicle molds, freeze and eat.

Back
Top Bottom