Iced green tea recipes?

MoniqueS

Veteran
Local time
1:56 PM
Website
youngandpennywise.tumblr.com
I drink a lot of green tea, but you supposedly need between 5 to 7 cups to truly reap the benefits. Therefore, I've started to make iced green tea every night. I steep the tea with mostly decaf green tea and a few regular tea bags in 8 cups of water and put it in the fridge overnight. I drink it throughout the day instead of just having plain water. I find it is much easier to drink this amount cold instead of drinking a lot of hot tea. I've been experimenting by adding green tea with goji berry or kombucha for different flavor varieties. I feel like it has really improved my energy level and has helped clear up my skin.

Do you ever made your own iced tea?

not iced tea, but I do make up a tea infusion each night before bed to steep overnight (on the counter) which consists of nettle, horsetail, peppermint, oatstraw and one or two other leaves (mugwort, comfrey or something else I can't quite remember right now!) and usually have 2-3 "cups" of that a day cold. I purchased a coffee thingy to make coffee from ground coffee to make it easier - I prefer to use loose leaves, it works out much cheaper in the long run.

Back
Top Bottom