Iced Tea

Local time
2:26 AM
Do you brew your own iced tea? My family has always done this. For awhile, after we got married, we had an iced tea maker, but I always find it much easier to make it on my own. I just add 6-8 regular sized tea bags to a pot of water and let it boil. After it boils for awhile, I turn it off and let it cool just a bit, then fish out the tea bags. If we want sweet tea, I add about 3/4c of sugar to the tea (I prefer it slightly sweetened, so if I were making it just for me I'd use only 1/2 c, but my husband prefers it more sweet, so we compromise). After I mix in the sugar, I pour the tea over a gallon pitcher full of ice.

My problem lately is that I haven't been boiling for the right amount of time. I just can't remember the magic number! I either boil too long and end up with really strong tea, or not long enough and it's too weak.

I love the stuff,you can buy it already made ,the trade name is liptons,
we buy 6 big bottles from France every time we go over of a peach tea cordial comes in a large tin bottle,
for those who like it extra cheeky!Nandos do a peach roubush,
and Costa make it to order pour the tea over crushed ice ,and add a syrup,chills it straight away,

Not really. We only get our iced team from the instant mixes. I do love freshly brewed iced tea though.

I brew my own tea I make a blck tea and apple cinnamon spice mix that is very good. I brew 4 black tea bags to 2 apple cinnamon tea bags to get the right combination. I have one grandson that does not like tea but loves my apple cinnamon combo. It is good iced or hot.

I do brew my own. My favorite it Celestial Seasonings raspberry zinger, but I also like pretty much all of their zinger teas. I just brew it really strong, then add cold water to cool it faster and refrigerate. I dislike sweetened tea, so no added sugar.

Sorry - tea is hot brown and strong. Lager is ice cold [to hide the taste - or lack of it] and beer is cool [not frozen] as it has flavour. Simple.

I love iced tea! It's such a refreshing drink especially during summer time. I actually prefer my iced tea just simple and without all the fruity flavors. I also like my iced tea not too sweet. When I want to drink my regular tea but it's too hot out to do so, iced tea is my go to drink. Refreshing and it satisfies my tea cravings!

Back
Top Bottom