Ideas for using spinach

Applesshmaples

Local time
2:53 PM
[Mod.Edit: This and following posts moved to form new thread (MG)]

Does anyone have any good recipes with spinach? I feel like I am never able to finish spinach before it goes bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Made a cheesy spinach and mushroom pie today, as I had a bunch of spinach leftover. Does anyone have any good recipes with spinach? I feel like I am never able to finish spinach before it goes bad.

Spinach and artichoke dip. Use corn tortilla chips to scoop it up. I'll try to find my ex-wife's recipe. If not, there are good recipes online.

Here is a photo...

ChokeDip001.jpg

CD

Made a cheesy spinach and mushroom pie today, as I had a bunch of spinach leftover. Does anyone have any good recipes with spinach? I feel like I am never able to finish spinach before it goes bad.
I usually make spinach artichoke dip with roasted garlic when I have a bunch of leftover spinach in the frig. Or, I will put it in a ziplock bag, roll it tightly, and throw it in the freezer for future use. I don't really have a recipe for the spinach artichoke dip, I just throw ingredients together (cream cheese, diced red bell pepper, and red onion with the chopped spinach, artichoke, and roasted garlic), and bake it, then I serve it with warm tortilla chips. It always tastes good.

View attachment 51088

Nearly every week, I buy a huge bag and microwave it (or you can cook it in a little water). Then it will keep for more than a week in a container in the fridge (and doesn't take up so much space). So if you fear its about to spoil, cook and store it.

Last edited:
Mild and creamy spinach soup is one of my favorites. Mix 50 ml/50 g melted butter + 60 ml/30 g APF/plain flour on a hot pan, add 1000 ml/1 kg milk or light cream slowly (trickle) and stir. Add 1000 ml/~130 g of fresh spinach (or equivalent weight; 2-3 handfuls of thawed/precooked, drained spinach) and let simmer for a couple of minutes. Season with 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon sugar + a pinch of white pepper and put aside. Serve with boiled, halved eggs.

Spinach crêpes (a handful of spinach in a basic crêpe batter) taste great with cranberry or lingonberry jam.

I don't like the taste or feel of it in my mouth. We don't buy it here, but if my wife knows I'm making Thai salad she buys a pack of it to be added. Our kids love it too. I don't eat it. I make something else for myself. Don't like kale or quinoa either.

Russ

Mild and creamy spinach soup is one of my favorites. Mix 50 ml/50 g melted butter + 60 ml/30 g APF/plain flour on a hot pan, add 1000 ml/1 kg milk or light cream slowly (trickle) and stir. Add 1000 ml/~130 g of fresh spinach (or equivalent weight; 2-3 handfuls of thawed/precooked, drained spinach) and let simmer for a couple of minutes. Season with 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon sugar + a pinch of white pepper and put aside. Serve with boiled, halved eggs.

Spinach crêpes (a handful of spinach in a basic crêpe batter) taste great with cranberry or lingonberry jam.
That sounds delicious! Don't think I have tried spinach soup before, have to try this out soon.

Quiche, Salads, Soups, Florentine Omelets, Spanokopita, Spinach Wraps, Spinach Bread, Spinach Pastas, Creamed Spinach and Sauteed Spinach. And Spinach on Coldcut Sandwiches, instead of Lettuce or Endive.

Try making a general Spinach Paste or Puree to add as a general prepared ingredient in various dishes or as a Dip or Spread.

Back
Top Bottom