Ideas for what to cook with frozen chicken.

Riri

Veteran
Local time
3:54 PM
I'd like to hear some of the easy ideas you guys do with frozen chicken. I have a crock pot and I am not comfortable with grilling the chicken. So what recipe do you guys usually do with your frozen chicken?something that perhaps easy to make and doesn't take a ton of ingredients?

Is it boneless skinless chicken breasts? Or is it skin on bone in chicken?

I don't really care for chicken in a crock pot personally, unless perhaps it's pulled BBQ chicken or a chicken soup. One thing I will warn you about, is you should thaw the chicken properly before putting it into a crock pot. I've heard that putting it frozen into a crock pot can cause it to remain at unsafe temperatures for too long of a time while the pot is warming up, which can cause contaminants to form.

There is a recipe for Columbian Chicken Stew which is really simple. It's just peeled potatoes, chopped into large chunks, some tomatoes chopped into large chunks, onions peeled and quartered, a bay leaf and some sea salt and black pepper to taste. Oh, and some skin on bone in chicken too (you need the fat from the chicken for the flavor). Then add a little water. I usually make it in a pressure cooker though but it might work in a crock pot. The charm of the recipe is the minimal amount of ingredients, it makes a pretty flavorful broth without all kinds of herbs, celery, carrots, and other stuff you normally see in chicken soup.

It's skinless chicken breast. Since it's Stew,you'd have to cut the chicken into chunks or cubes right? Might give it a try this weekend and get all the ingredient. Cross fingers I won't screw it up. If I use crock pot,Do I let it cook for all day?

Just toss it in there with some lentils, potatoes, carrots and onion, plus whatever other veggies you have around that will go well with that (garlic, celery, whatevs ) plus either indian spices like cumin and turmeric, or some tomato and oregano for a more mediterranean taste. Lazy stew!

Back
Top Bottom