If you could get a meal replacement drink, would you drink it more than you eat real food?

dieselfit

Veteran
Local time
1:40 PM
I've seen tons of meal replacement drinks.

On the profile of the ingredients it would state everything that one would eat for their diets. Like protein, fiber, and carbohydrates. Some of them go even further and throw in antioxidant blends and other things that are usually not found in other meal replacement drinks. I don't think a powder can ever replace real food but do you think you would drink this more than you eat real food due to it's convenience?

No, to be honest I enjoy real food too much to drink meal replacements. I'd even eat super healthy food like a salad rather than drink a meal replacement.

No, never. I'd certainly take advantage of using these meal replacement drinks if one day they actually become efficient when I'm out in the nature doing things but I'd never use them when at home.

Real food is real food, besides I love cooking. :)

Even if it is nutritionally equal or better, I would still miss the real food. It is a mind block thing. I would always feel that I did not have enough or did not get the right diet. So, this is no option for me.

Definitely I will ignore the replacement drink and will stick to real, good food.

I love to cook, while I dislike all those beverages that include protein and other dietary supplements that are good for people devote to body building or fitness activities, but not me that I prefer cooking ones :)

My boyfriend did that for awhile and I'd feel so bad for him and would want to feed him/buy him food/cook him food... I can't imagine me doing that. I need something to chew on. Something with a lot of different tastes and textures. Plus I love cooking and experimenting with food and flavors.

I have to confess I have just done it today - but I made my own meal replacement smoothie/drink up simply because I did not want to cook something solely for me and because I had just gotten in from a long cycle commute (nearly 50 miles) and needed to get something into me fast. But normally, no I would cook.

I love the smells, tastes and textures of real food too much to drink meal replacement drinks. The nearest I ever get to that is my home made soup! Last Christmas, I made a leftover soup with all the sprouts, parsnips, stuffings and roast potatoes that were left over, as well as some scraps of meat. While it was delicious, and did actually taste like a liquid Christmas dinner, I still prefer the real deal. I actually think the act of chewing makes you feel fuller, as well.

Just recalling that you live in Spain Sandra, and old Spanish movie came to my mind. I don't remember its name but Tony LeBlanc and Jose Luis López Vázquez starred it.

It's a sort of parody based on the first moon landing, and therefore a group of Spaniards decided to run their own aeronautics and space agency called "SANA"

To make this long story short, their space training included replacement food, which was supposed to be a whole of those heavy seasoned Spanish dishes processed into a pill. Thus, they had a whole banquet into their pockets but Tony LeBlanc complained because no real taste.

I'm not sure if this was real, I mean, a footage that reflects the probable past attempt to make replacement food pills.

I still prefer eating real food than a meal replacement drink. I always value my health and I always love to cook healthy foods and always watched that what I am eating is guaranteed I can get all the natural nutrients that my body needs while chewing the food rather than drinking a meal replacement drink.

I have tried several meal replacing shakes, such as Visalus and Slimfast. I think shakes and replacement drinks are good only if you need to slim down fast and for a specific occasion. Like, say, you have a wedding to go to on the weekend and need to loose 3 pounds to fit into your dress. Otherwise they are not very realistic. Not a lot of people are able to actually replace solid meals for liquids for a long period of time. Aside from not being healthy and making you weak and nauseous, drinking the same drink twice a day for a long time will make you so sick of the taste!

I'd rather eat food.

In the past, I have been on diets where you forgo food for a drink. A popular diet I tried was the Master Cleanse. You fast for two weeks and get all of your nutrients from a warm liquid with raw maple syrup, cayenne sauce, water and lemon. The process is supposed to help you move toward Veganism as well as rid your body of disease. Although you drop weight fast, it's a challenge to do on and off over a long period.

th?id=H.4916914150048664&pid=15.jpg
Ingredients for the Master Cleanse

Back
Top Bottom